Author Topic: Problem adding tags to tasks  (Read 4221 times)

landollweb

• View Profile
Problem adding tags to tasks
« on: April 18, 2013, 04:13:14 pm »
Hello forum - We're just starting to work in FO, and have run into a problem adding tags to our tasks so we can filter them by tag in some reports.

The manual says to just type them into the tags field in the task edit form.  When I do that, and save the task changes, FO does not save the tag.  The tags do not appear when viewing the task information afterwards.

Is there something I'm not doing correctly?

Thanks!

landollweb

• View Profile
Re: Problem adding tags to tasks
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 04:43:50 pm »
Okay - I guess no one has any ideas about that.

Is there some other way I can add information to a task that can be sorted or filtered on in a report?

I tried adding custom properties, but they don't seem to be accessible for reporting purposes.

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 04:45:47 pm by landollweb »

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 12:54:53 pm »
Those manuals are not 100% up to date in some cases like this one.
Tags must be added before hand, and then when you edit the task Relations, then you can relate it to the tags.

Custom reports do filter custom properties, but truth be told I do not remember by heart right now whether this is available for the Community Edition or if it is only for the Professional Edition. In any case, I suggest using the latter for business oriented organizations.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

landollweb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 01:08:19 pm »
Sure, and that was the plan.  We just wanted to be sure it was going to work for us before we signed up for one of the paid plans.  At this point, it doesn't look like FO will meet our needs, so we have moved on.  We may check back sometime in the future to see how things develop.  Thank you for taking time to respond.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 03:36:22 pm »
Well, truth be told I would not be so sure about that.
Perhaps Feng Office has some special features you would find useful (and necessary) but you were not able to find them..? May be having a talk/exchanging emails with one of our consultants explaining your issues, you could get to know better.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!