Author Topic: Wiki entry wrong for Workspace Permissions?  (Read 2891 times)

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Wiki entry wrong for Workspace Permissions?
« on: April 30, 2009, 11:35:24 pm »
In the wiki on the User Rights page under Company Level Permissions, it says, "If a company has no workspace permission at all, then you can't set workspace permissions for users of that company. (But as soon as you have set at least one permission, users can be given permission to any workspace, as stated above.)"

However, In 1.3.1 I can create a company with no workspace permissions, and then create a user for that company, and I can also set his workspace permissions, contrary to what that says above.  Is that second bullet point wrong, or is there a bug in 1.3.1?
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Wiki entry wrong for Workspace Permissions?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 02:36:32 pm »
We have as a pending task to decide on this behavior. What would you prefer? Would you rather be allowed to assign workspaces to any user or be required that his company is assigned to that workspace first?

koko

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 03:53:35 pm »
Sometimes a user isn't working on a workspace as a member of a company, so it might be usefull to be able to assign contacts/users to a workspace without assigning the company.

Also it might be interesting to be able to assign a users/contact to multiple companies, no?

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 02:24:42 am »
I agree with koko on this, I would rather be able to add a user but not necessarily his company.
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 04:48:08 pm »
The balance between ease of use/confidentiality is not easy.

I would like to easily share things with people (external users), but at the same time not risk granting easy access to confidential information. Maybe we should have a mark for WSs to be "private" and "protected".

The first will prevent you from sharing stuff with external users. The second would warn you that you might be exposing sensitive information.

Other than those considerations, sharing and publishing a piece of information should be an easy task.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.