Author Topic: FO 2.2.2 - Workspace and group permissions problem  (Read 8157 times)

alx

• Freshman
    • View Profile
FO 2.2.2 - Workspace and group permissions problem
« on: January 18, 2013, 03:12:20 pm »
When upgraded from FO 2.2.1 to 2.2.2, there seems to be a problem with the group permissions:

Within the group that already exists, there are Internal Collaborator and Administrator accounts. Administrators can post and view all files correctly, within the designated workspace. The other users, however, cannot view a newly-posted file. The only way to make this possible is to:

• edit the workspace permissions for the given group
  • select a higher-level workspace
  • click on "apply to all submembers"
  • Save changes

The aforementioned procedure must be repeated for every subsequent file that is added, or after the last file that has been uploaded, so that they all become visible.

The problem is similar to this topic:
Data is saved but disappears! - Workspace Permissions Problem
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 09:36:55 pm by alx »

asdfghj

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: FO 2.2.2 - Workspace and group permissions problem
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 01:39:03 am »
i have noticed some issues with with group permissions as well..

i seem to not be able to assign tasks to other users.  i can assign to myself, or the main company, but no the other users.  i have super admin privileges, and complete access to all workspaces and users.  i have tried group privileges with full rights to everyone and all the workspaces.  i have tried to set individual accounts with proper settings, and we cannot assign tasks to each other.  have not noticed any other issues, but this is a major one for me.

I upgraded from 1.7.5 to 2.2.2 because i had issues with previous 2.x versions and this seemed to be the most full/stable so i finally made the move.

asdfghj

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 06:03:55 pm »
i think there is definitely some kind of permissions issue with the new groups.

i had myself as super admin (still super admin) and my colleagues as executive, and their personal settings were at 0, ie, for each individual they had no permissions for anything.  they are all part of a group, that has full permissions for workspaces, full for users and limited for other admin stuff.  once i changed their user type to manager (instead of executive), with same user perms, and group perms, i can assign tasks to them.

i dont know if this is on purpose, but seems weird that user type trumps other permissions, for example, if a user is set to executive, but i give them additional custom permissions in a group, they should get those.  that way i dont have to change user type when i change permissions, just use the group setting for mass changes, and user type stays the same, so i dont have to explain why employee x is set to manager, but employee y is set to executive.

dominusego

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 02:34:30 am »
Problem. >:(

alx

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 09:30:54 pm »
Just upgraded from FO 2.2.2 to 2.2.3.1 and the problem persists  :(

dominusego

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 01:33:04 am »
+1 :'(

alx

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 04:40:33 pm »
Just upgraded from FO 2.2.3.1 to 2.2.4 and the problem persists  :(

dominusego

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 01:15:07 am »
+1 >:(

lordfed

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 06:02:18 am »
I see the same problem  only on centos,
no problem on windows or ubuntu
and not mysql problem(it instald on centos where i fistly install fenq).
Sorry for my english.

alx

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 03:21:21 pm »
Well, I had two cases of different FO installations on Ubuntu and Debian, and they both had the same problem. I haven't tested it with a clean install to see how it behaves, but the latest upgrade has certainly not resolved the problem.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 05:12:13 pm »
Dear Everyone,

We have looked into this report you all made but were not able to reproduce it.
If you could please explain us step by step the reproduction steps, that would be much appreciated.
Perhaps it is an issue that started in a previous version and has already been fixed, or can you do this with the 2.2.4.1 version from scratch? I mean from scratch, not within an upgrade.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

alx

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 01:48:35 pm »
Francisco, you are right!

I just tested it on a clean installation of FO 2.2.4.1 on Windows with XAMPP (PHP 5.4.4) and the problem no longer occurs.

I initially noticed it on an Ubuntu installation with PHP 5.3.6-13ubuntu3.10, when upgraded from FO 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 and persists until the currently latest version (2.2.4.1).

I took a DB backup of a problematic installation, loaded it locally on the aforementioned XAMPP system and the problem is still there. Hence, it seems that it most probably is a bug in FO 2.2.2 that keeps propagating.

Assuming that I provide you with a copy of the "problematic" DB structure, would it be useful to you for looking into the matter and providing a remedy for it? (Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with the full data due to privacy issues).

Best regards,
Alex
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 01:55:17 pm by alx »

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 04:22:26 pm »
Dear Alx,

Thanks for your confirmation! No wonder we were not able to reproduce it.. :)

All right then, when possible we will look into the matter again and see how it goes, but I have the following question as well: were you using Feng 1.X before and then upgraded to Feng 2?

As to accessing to your data, it would be MUCH easier and faster doing it that way, but, we cannot do it if you are not subscribed to our services.. therefore that is why we have not been able to look much into this nor solve it, even though we care.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

alx

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 05:52:34 pm »
Dear Francisco,

No, I did not use FO 1.x. The initial version was 2.0.0 (2.0.0.8 stable). Well, if you can find out what went wrong in the update from FO 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 and fix it in one of the future upgrade scripts, that would be fine.

I tried creating new users and/or groups, but it didn't make any difference. Making everyone an admin did not work either. It seems that there is no way to avoid the repeated update in the group permissions :/

By the way, offering to share my DB structure with you was not meant to be a "personal service" request, but rather to help you track down the source of the problem. It is then up to you whether and how you will make use of it. Can't demand much for something given for free :)

Regards,
Alex
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 07:55:26 pm by alx »