Author Topic: Data is saved but disappears! - Workspace Permissions Problem  (Read 15036 times)

neopartizan

• View Profile
Data is saved but disappears! - Workspace Permissions Problem
« on: November 02, 2012, 01:13:07 pm »
After the update to the latest release:
I try to save the data (time tracking, tasks) - I click save: and the taks-list or time-tracking list is updated - I can see my entry. But after I reload the page - my last entry is gone.

So I can't safe nothing! Please help.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 10:08:10 am by neopartizan »

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Data not saved!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 04:55:24 pm »
This should not be happening. Which version are you using? 2.2.1?
Are you standing within a workspace while saving that information? Have you checked your database and made sure no new records are being generated?

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

neopartizan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 09:50:55 am »
Hello Francisco.

OK. I needed some more time to discover the real problem. I got it.
I'm using the latest release: 2.2.1.

The data is saved. BUT: there is somehow a problem with the rights-management or something like that. It's gone crazy! I'll try to explain:

USECASE:
- I'm logged in as a Superadmin.
- I type in a new task or a time/timeslot
- I save it: and I can see the entry right in the current list.
... now I change the workspace and return back to the task-list OR I go to "Generate report" -> and there is no entry anymore. It's either in the task-list nor in the time-report.
- I do refresh the browser; I do restart the browser, I do relogin -> nothing helps. There are no entries - which I wrote shortly.
PROBLEM FOUND:
- I click on "Edit Workspace"  - in the current workspace where I'm in.
- I uncheck the Permissions-Options "Groups/administrators". SAVE
- There is still no entry to see
- I go again to the  "Edit Workspace"
- I check in the Permissions-Options "Groups/administrators". SAVE
- Now I can see the entry!

... after some time - the entries disappear again. And I have to repeat the action with Workspace-Permissions for each Workspace - to see the entries! :(

neopartizan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 10:03:31 am »
FYI:

- I changed / re-checked all permissions for Admin-Group/all Workspaces. It won't help. :(
- I have the same problem with data under all tabs: E-Mails, Documents, Notes etc.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 10:13:50 am by neopartizan »

neopartizan

• View Profile
Re: Data is saved but disappears! - Workspace Permissions Problem
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 06:40:27 am »
Still fighting with the same issue.
Any idea?  ???

chen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 04:04:14 am »
We had exactly the same problem when we updated to 2.2.1. We had to roll back to version 2.2 because it just became unusable. The tasks and events people created kept disappearing from their views.

lngstone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 01:33:02 pm »
We have the same problem here.

Apparently group permissions are not applied.
In order to grant correct permissions to users we have to apply them to every single user for every workspace and not to a group where he/she is in.
Obviously this is a pain, so developers, please, if the bug is confirmed try to give us a solution ASAP.
Thank you for your efforts.

Please note: we found that quick edit and full edit have different behaviours. This issue apparently only affects full edit forms (i.e. the task full edit form).

neopartizan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 07:05:55 am »
I'm glad to hear - we are not alone with that problem. So it's not system-specific but a release-bug.

Guys... please, please fix that bug!
Thanks for your support and great job.

derryck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 03:43:20 am »
This has been driving me crazy for the past two days, Glad to see others having the same issue. Looked in log file and found a few errors that might help track it down.

#1 ERROR: Error: Undefined variable: user in '/application/views/account/system_permissions.php' on line 31 (error code: 8)

#1 ERROR: Error: Undefined variable: all_perm_deleted in '/application/helpers/permissions.php' on line 674 (error code: 8)
#2 ERROR: Error: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in '/application/helpers/permissions.php' on line 674 (error code: 2)

#1 ERROR: Error: Undefined variable: company in '/application/views/administration/list_users.php' on line 73 (error code: 8)
#2 ERROR: Error: Undefined variable: company in '/application/views/administration/list_users.php' on line 94 (error code: 8)

and this one seen a lot

#1 ERROR: Error: Undefined variable: content in 'application/views/feed/ical_export.php' on line 2 (error code: 8)

Any help guys would be great

pwightm

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 01:38:41 pm »
I, too, had the problem where objects in "private" workspaces disappear after refreshing the page.  My cache/log.php reported a different error, though:

Session "default" started at 2012-11-18T14:46:21+0000
#1 ERROR: Error: Wrong parameter count for array_unique() in '/var/www/fengoffice/application/models/ContentDataObject.class.php' on line 1467 (error code: 2)
Time since start: 1.7841649055481 seconds
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The line in question appears to be related to generating a list of unique permissions for the user:

$gids = array_unique($allowed_gids, SORT_NUMERIC);

A little research revealed that the optional second parameter "sort_flags" wasn't added to the array_unique function until PHP 5.2.9.  I'm running CentOS 5.8 (to mirror a RHEL 5 production server), and the "up-to-date" PHP version is v5.1.6 for my OS release.  (Note: The FengOffice v2.2.1 readme.txt indicates that any PHP version greater than or equal to 5 meets requirements but 5.2+ is recommended... It seems v5.2.9 should be the minimum.)

I've tested two solutions for this issue:
1) Remove the reference to "SORT_NUMERIC" from the array_unique function call.
2) Replace the default "php" package with the one called "php53" (PHP v5.3.3).

Both appear to correct the disappearing object problem.  It should be noted that I had to modify/reset permissions for each workspace after making either change before the vanished objects would reappear.  This seems to work for both user-level and group-level permission assignments.

Hope this helps someone out there.

I'm new to Feng Office (just learned about it Tuesday) but really like what I've seen so far.  Keep up the good work!

cjs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 08:22:22 am »
Guys,

There indeed is a bug. The resolution is simple:

1. The permissions applied are NOT applied by clicking on the object and selecting the radio buttons. These need to be further applied by clicking 'Apply to all submembers' or 'Apply to all members' below the radio buttons. The selection should turn BOLD GREEN. If it does not, then the permissions are not applied apparently. This solution worked for me.

2. Another bug is that e.g. if you have a workspace in the highest level i.e. below 'ALL', then this 'Apply to all submembers' thing does not work to this workspace. However this works to the child workspaces. So till the bug is resolved, the work around is to make a dummy workspace and make your workspace a child of it and click 'Apply to all submembers'. This worked for me at least.

Hope this works for you guys.

CJ

veelineen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 01:25:55 pm »
problem appears for me in 2.2.3.1 editing the permissions helps, till a task is added by using the full form, have to edit permissions again at that moment.
Please some solution!

dominusego

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 02:17:53 am »
+1

rasvan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 11:54:35 am »
same here
Session "default" started at 2013-03-27T13:56:24+0000
#1 ERROR: Error: Undefined index: multi_assignment in '/var/www/html/application/models/project_tasks/ProjectTasks.class.php' on line 430 (erro$
#2 ERROR: Error: Undefined index: multi_assignment in '/var/www/html/application/models/project_tasks/ProjectTasks.class.php' on line 430 (erro$
#3 ERROR: Error: Undefined index: multi_assignment in '/var/www/html/application/models/project_tasks/ProjectTasks.class.php' on line 430 (erro$
Time since start: 0.7099130153656 seconds

Interpolat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 07:11:50 pm »
Am also experiencing this similar loss of data.  First noticed it in 2.3 and now upgraded to 2.4 but problem persists.  Any response from the developers on this???
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 07:13:30 pm by jmdezigns »