Author Topic: Calendar - Month view Bug  (Read 6383 times)

chen

• View Profile
    • Email
Calendar - Month view Bug
« on: October 25, 2012, 01:20:42 am »
Since we have upgraded our version of Feng to ver. 2.2, we were having a problem on calendar tab. It seems that the month-view dates does not fall to the correct day.

Like for example, today is Wednesday Oct.25  but in Feng Calendar, Oct. 25 falls on Monday.

It works fine if we choose week-view, 5-days or day-view. Even the notification and the task/event itself are correct, so it's only the displaying in month-view is incorrect.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance..

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Calendar - Month view Bug
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 09:02:32 am »
You are right. There were some issues here due to a major change in the calendar view to improve its performance.
Bugs have been solved for the 2.2.1 version.  I suggest you getting that one.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

allcom

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 10:17:59 am »
i have the same and i have allready upgrate the 2.2.2 version . It is somthing that we can fix or we have to stand by for update?

j_strackbein

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • WISER: Water bodies in Europe, Intergrative System to access Ecological status and Recovery
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 10:55:23 am »
Not the same error, but also a calendar view problem.

I could see the calender correctly only once, just after the first run after setup. When I change some settings in the admin panel (e.g. chose the tabs to display, set language), the calender is showing the weekly view only, all the buttons in the menu bar are gone (month, week, 5days...) and I get a message "Info: str is not defined". I have done 3 fresh installations (v2.2.2) now and the error is allways the same.

In the log.file are these two errors:

#1 ERROR: Missing argument 2 for evt_add(), called in /is/htdocs/wp11118109_M0AX5BLMSK/www/intranet/application/controllers/ContactController.class.php on line 2868 and defined in '/is/htdocs/wp11118109_M0AX5BLMSK/www/intranet/environment/classes/event/event.php' on line 9 (error code: 2)

#2 ERROR: Error: Undefined variable: data in '/is/htdocs/wp11118109_M0AX5BLMSK/www/intranet/environment/classes/event/event.php' on line 14 (error code: 8)

Any ideas? Thanx and cheers
Joerg

jtevans

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 05:57:14 pm »
I found the problem in the code and fixed it.

This is a bug in Feng Office 2.2.2.

Add this line:
var str = '';

on line 380 of:
public/assets/javascript/og/CalendarToolbar.js

The error of "Information: str is not defined" will go away and the Month/Week/5 Day/Day/etc.... toolbar will appear.

It looks like the 'str' variable was added to the code, but not initialized or defined.

This took me about 3 hours to track down and fix. Hope it helps save others more time!

I'll see if I can find a way to submit an official patch to the Feng Office developers.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 10:20:22 am »
Hello everyone,

This issue with the missing bottom bar seems to happen only in IE. At least the other browsers did not present the problem.

@jtevans: thank you very much for your support! In fact, our developers solved this issue on the first week of January, but changes were only applied within the Professional Edition so far as we have not released a new one for the Community Edition, but we will eventually with several improvements and bugfixes as well.

On the other hand, if you would like to contribute with bug reports and bugfixes and such, which are more than welcome, you can always do so here:
http://www.fengoffice.com/web/bugs/login_page.php

Keep up the good work!

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

marjwyatt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 03:30:47 pm »
I am having problems with calendar popup display after testing out some new dashboard settings.  Here is a screenshot of the issue:
screencast.com/t/IUwGcdIP96

Apparently I can't post links yet so anyone who cares to look will have to copy/paste that safe link into a browser address bar.

The table width is set at 11916px ... too wide by any device's standards.   :)

It appears that this element is either declared in the table html itself or, more likely, is inheriting from the previous declaration and I can't imagine where to begin looking.

I'm a solopreneur and I work alone without staff, at the moment.  I love Feng Office's features but, since this tool is only for my use, subscribing to the online version is impractical.  

I'm writing to the forum in hopes that someone can point me in the right direction for a fix to this.  I can work around it by looking at another calendar and manually entering the date but selecting it through the popup was so much easier.

Thanks, in advance, for any guidance.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 03:58:57 pm »
Hello! Welcome to Feng Office Forums!
Actually that is a bug from the most recent Google Chrome release.

It has already been fixed last week in the Professional Edition of Feng Office, but Community Edition users will have to wait until the next release - we still have no date for this -.

Should you try a free trial of the Professional Edition, you will notice it will work correctly:
http://fengoffice.com/web/sign-up.php?plan=freetrial

Best regards,
Francisco

marjwyatt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 04:24:24 pm »
Signing up for a free trial implies that I will later have to pay for it and, as I mentioned previously, I am a one-person shop and the tool is only for me so the expense of a monthly subscription is overkill ... even for one user.

Is it out of the realm of possibility that the fix or a patch could be applied for those of us using the Community version?

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 11:58:35 am »
Well, should you go for a subscription, you would not be first subscribed person to use Feng Office with a single user. You could also create users for your clients to share specific data with them if you would like to.

Subscribed people are the ones who help us keep Feng Office alive, so our attention lies mostly at them, and so do bugfixes and other special features that are not available within the Community Edition.

That is why we always say the following:
The Feng Office Community Edition is generally used within academic environments and non-critical implementations. It is supported only through the forum, which may not provide Official Support from Feng Office's Team behalf.
It is not recommended for business environments because it may contain bugs for which no support nor resolution time guarantee is provided, which at times may be essential.

It is up to you to decide whether it worths something or not the system you use to classify and manage your business.

Best regards,
Francisco

milan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 04:52:18 pm »
Signing up for a free trial implies that I will later have to pay for it and, as I mentioned previously, I am a one-person shop and the tool is only for me so the expense of a monthly subscription is overkill ... even for one user.

Is it out of the realm of possibility that the fix or a patch could be applied for those of us using the Community version?

In case you still haven't found a fix here is one:

Add the following lines to the end of the file "feng office directory/public/assets/themes/default/extjs/css/ext-all.css" :

.x-menu .x-date-picker{width:300px!important}
.x-menu .x-date-picker>table {width:300px!important}