Author Topic: Thunderbird Extension  (Read 9013 times)

technomensch

• View Profile
Thunderbird Extension
« on: November 13, 2008, 11:00:35 am »
As you are probably aware, outlook is very tied to exchange and sharepoint servers/services.  I think that by making an extension available that interacts with Thunderbird in a similar fashion opens up a world of possibilites.

It is platform independent, so it would work on Windows/Mac/Liinux.  Would give users something semi-familiar, which would help in the transition. etc....

Example:

There is a Zindrus plugin to sync google contacts with thunderbird.  A funambol plugin to sync contacts.  And a bi-directional google calendar sync for the lightning calendar extension.  These features, on a non-platform specific environment.  Something I have yet to see from similar open source projects like Zimbra or Open-Exchange.

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Thunderbird Extension
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 02:06:39 pm »
Yes, we would love to have a thunderbird extension, and we have planned it in our ambitious roadmap, but that won't happen soon unless we receive come help from the community. If someone is willing to help us develop a Thunderbird plugin we will help on the OpenGoo side.

Thanks.

technomensch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 02:09:25 pm »
where can the roadmap be seen?

Unfortunately, I know nothing about coding for Thunderbird extensions, nor much coding in general so I'm not sure even where to begin.

Maybe you might want to contact someone through the mozilla forums?

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 12:56:40 pm »
We have never formalized a Roadmap. We have an idea of what we want (which we feel it is already portrayed in OpenGoo 1.0), but then plan for the very short term, adding what feels more urgent.

Contacting Mozilla is the easy part. Finding the developer/time to code is the real challenge.  ;)
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.