Author Topic: User can work on more than one task at one  (Read 3537 times)

andy.hoyle

• View Profile
User can work on more than one task at one
« on: April 20, 2009, 06:27:07 am »
When viewing tasks and the Time alarm clock icon is visible, users can work on multiple tasks at once.

If this is by design - can we have the option to turn "working on multiple tasks" on or off?

There seems to be a check in application/models/ProjectDataObject.php line 739 to check if the user already has a task open but it doesn't seem to work:

if ($this->hasOpenTimeslots($user))
         throw new Error("Cannot add timeslot: user already has an open timeslot");

carlos

• View Profile
Re: User can work on more than one task at one
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 10:46:10 am »
The check you mentioned actually checks to see if the user is already working on the selected task, rather than on any other task,, this way it stops the user from working twice at the same time on the same task.

The option of "working on multiple tasks" is interesting,, we could probably work on it, although I'm not sure when it could be available as we're about to release 1.4 beta today

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Re: User can work on more than one task at one
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 07:33:11 pm »
carlos, you said "we could probably work on it", are you staff or do you mean "we" as the community?  Just curious.

Anyhow I've been watching this thread with interest, as I thought that it is very useful to work on multiple tasks at once.  I don't mind if there was an option to turn off this feature via admin control panel, but I would still use it.

cheers
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?