Author Topic: 500 internal error on overview  (Read 2996 times)

gman42

• View Profile
500 internal error on overview
« on: September 11, 2012, 04:49:47 pm »
If I add a task and assign a date to it or if I enter an event on the calendar I get a 500 internal server error if I try to go to the overview tab. Then nothing loads in the screen for that tab.

Oddly if I log out and back in as a different user I don't get the internal server error.

It seems only related to calendar dates. I can put in a task but as long as I don't set a start or end date I am fine. 

If I set a date out far enough that wouldn't show up in the overview, I don't get an error either.

I have tried to reinstall, I also had 2.1 installed (same problems) so I tried upgrading to v2.2 beta and still the same issue.

Here is what the log spits back.

Session "default" started at 2012-09-11T13:57:18+0000
#1 ERROR: Error: Undefined variable: user in '/home/galiant/public_html/staff/application/views/account/system_permissions.php' on line 31 (error code: 8)
Time since start: 0.10674810409546 seconds
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Session "default" started at 2012-09-11T13:58:03+0000
#1 ERROR: Error: Undefined variable: user in '/home/galiant/public_html/staff/application/views/account/system_permissions.php' on line 31 (error code: 8)
Time since start: 0.11755704879761 seconds
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Session "default" started at 2012-09-11T13:58:10+0000
#1 ERROR: Error: Undefined variable: all_perm_deleted in '/home/galiant/public_html/staff/application/helpers/permissions.php' on line 618 (error code: 8)
#2 ERROR: Error: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in '/home/galiant/public_html/staff/application/helpers/permissions.php' on line 618 (error code: 2)
Time since start: 0.070182085037231 seconds

gman42

• View Profile
Re: 500 internal error on overview
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 02:34:08 pm »
So to be responsible and since I wish more people posted solutions when they find them. I was able to resolve this issue and here was the problem.

We had recently installed new servers and those servers did not have certain things installed that feng needed to fully function.

Here is the details that data center provided that resolved the issue:

Feng was throwing an "Internal Server Error", but it really wasn't that kind of error per our standards. An Internal Server Error is one that throws a 500 server error, but this one wasn't really that kind of error. Instead, Feng was attempting to use the mb_strlen PHP function that is included in the mbstring PHP library. Your server didn't have this installed, so I went and installed it. After it was installed Feng worked without any issues.

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: 500 internal error on overview
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 08:15:15 pm »
Thanks for sharing your solution.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.