Author Topic: sharing email accounts doesnt work  (Read 3754 times)

dank

• Freshman
    • View Profile
sharing email accounts doesnt work
« on: June 25, 2012, 05:48:51 pm »
Hi, i have been using feng for a couple of weeks now and am trying o use it for managing  client communication  as well as project management.  The scenario I have is that I have set up a mailbox for each customer, and a workspace for each customer as well.  The mail for each customer is automatically classified into the customer's own workspace.  

Now, there are a few people that manage each customer, so each of these people must have access to emails for each customer, and all of these people must also be able to send email to these customers.

So, for example, i have customer 1, customer 2 and customer 3 and, therefore have:
workspace customer 1
workspace customer 2
workspace customer 3

and also,
customer1@mydomain.com
customer2@mydomain.com
customer3@mydomain.com

each customer's email account is associated with their relevant workspace.

now, feng user1 and feng user2 and feng user3 must all be able to see those workspaces and be able to read and send email using those customerX@mydomain.com email addresses.

Now, I (assume I am user1) can send and receive email for each of these accounts and workspaces, but user2 and user3 can only read these emails but whenever they try and click on "Check mails" they get an error saying "You have no email accounts, please create an email account first"

When user1 clicks on "Accounts" / "Edit account" in the Email pane, he sees all three email accounts, however when user2 and user3 clicks on that menu item they don't see any email accounts.

I thought it was possible to share email accounts but for some reason this is not happening.

Please could someone help - I am hoping I can avoid recreating the email three accounts separately on user2 and user3.

i am using feng 2.0.0.8

Many thanks,
Dan
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 05:53:03 pm by dank »

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: sharing email accounts doesnt work
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 04:27:05 pm »
Hi dank,

This will be possible on version 2.1 and afterwards.

If you are using Feng Office for client and project management you should definitely consider using the Professional Edition. See here why:
http://www.fengoffice.com/web/wiki/doku.php/feng_office_editions_comparison
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

dank

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 07:55:01 pm »
Thanks Conrad,

I upgraded to 2.1 community edition and although I now see that I can share email accounts, it still doesn't appear to work.

I have shared 3 email accounts with 4 people but if I log into any of those 4 user accounts, they cannot send or receive email because it says "You have no email accounts".

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks,
Dan

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 04:43:48 pm »
Hi Dan.

Please report the issue with as much detail as possible in the issue tracker system.

Thank you.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

cvhhfdg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 09:47:07 pm »
I upgraded to 2.1 community edition and although I now see that I can share email accounts, it still doesn't appear to work.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 07:58:20 pm »
You are right.
This has been solved a while back for the 2.1.1 beta version though, which is going to be released soon with many major improvements and bugfixes.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!