Author Topic: New FENG release? This one is kinda buggy.  (Read 5264 times)

choiceoutsource

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
New FENG release? This one is kinda buggy.
« on: May 18, 2012, 05:08:08 pm »
Hello,

When the next FENG version gonna be released?

There are several bugs on the version 2.0, that Im planning to switch back to the 1.74 and wait till everything is fixed. But if a newer version gonna be launched soon I will wait.

Bugs I found so far:

- Dates are all messed up. You gotta book 1 day ahead to show correctly on the task view but still showing wrongly on edit task and calendar view.

- Links to tasks on emails notification don't work properly.

- User experience is also messed up. Adding a task inside a milestones sometimes can be painful, once in a while they not being added correctly and you have to use the search button to find the lost task between many others.

And a few other minor things we experiencing adding/completing tasks, views not being reloaded properly, you gotta do a full refresh on the page, etc.

Any workaround for these bugs?

Thanks,

Karl

• ICQ Messenger - 464979879
    • View Profile
Re: New FENG release? This one is kinda buggy.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 05:12:17 am »
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 01:59:29 pm by Karl »

Karl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 08:03:02 pm »
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 01:59:04 pm by Karl »

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 09:48:55 am »
I will definitively go back to 1.7.5

No, I changed my mind. I'm leaving Feng Office now after almost 4 years.

Open Goo started very good and it was a nice software. Development was fast and very promising. But since many months the development is very slow. Many long awaited and promised features are still not existent.

Now I got very tired of Feng Office so I searched for alternatives. Meanwhile there are so many much better alternatives out on the market. So I'm going to leave Feng Office.

Good bye!

Hello Karl, and everyone else:
We do understand some frustrations that the last release may have brought as the update was rather hard and at first were no guides for it, and this is a lesson we have learned through the hard way for next time. This is why we will be improving the upgrade procedure a bit, so that it becomes easier, but there are many things that change between both versions, so it is not that easy.
Speaking of which, we suggest not to delete the og_ tables, so in case there are some other migration fixes, they may be ran with no issues.

We also do look forward to fixing many of the bugs that have been reported, and most of them have in fact been solved, but we do not count with the required strength to look into everything right away, so in case the Community is willing to help providing fixes and patches, or any other way they could, so that we can work faster on the next releases, it would be more than welcome of course.

On the other hand, we will be releasing the next version pretty soon.

Regards,
Francisco
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 09:51:05 am by franponce87 »
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

Karl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 12:48:29 pm »

We also do look forward to fixing many of the bugs ...

On the other hand, we will be releasing the next version pretty soon.

Hi Francisco,

thanks for your kind words.

Fixing the bugs is one important thing. But beeing with development behind actual alternative solutions could be harder.

I wish you really much success with Feng Office but "time flies" and as we say in German: "Die Konkurrenz schl?ft nicht!".

Best regards,
Karl
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 02:01:09 pm by Karl »