Author Topic: Sharing Public Calendars  (Read 7278 times)

Halkon

• View Profile
Sharing Public Calendars
« on: April 22, 2009, 12:54:08 pm »
it will be nice if we can publish/sharing some publics calendar... i mean.. like google do, we can insert an iframe in any webpage publishing some calendars by some specific link...

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: Sharing Public Calendars
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 11:45:43 am »
Noted.  :)
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

Epistropheus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 04:52:27 pm »
I have an osteopathic clinic and would like to change from paper schedule to a digital one. Therefor I need something like a backup in case of loosing connection to the www. My idea would be to publish the calendar to one like sunbird or lightning by mozilla.

I am looking around a while for a good solution like that and liked opengoo best for that.

Do you think it will be possible in the next future? Are you working on that?

Opengoo... a great thing!!!

Thanks for all

Epi

Brass

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 03:09:30 pm »
But... lost intenet connection isn't a problem:
1) You can install opengoo in a local machine or a small server(a normal pc with low hardware requerimentes, that always are power on). Install a easy package of Apache/Php/Mysql for example: WAMP, LAMP, EasyPhp or similar.
2) Try to redirect your port 80 in your modem/router to redirect your local server.
3) If you have a dynamic ip, install and configure a free static dns redirection, like: No-Ip or DynDNS.

With this, you have all in local network, and you can see it from your home or anywhere.

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 05:53:40 pm »
@epi: We have set up a OpenGoo calendar for clinics already, and they report to be very happy with the results.

Whether you want it to be hosted on a local machine, or online, we would be glad to help you.

Please check out the services we provide at Feng Office, and contact us if you have any questions about it.

Thanks for the compliments!  :D
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

Epistropheus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 04:29:57 pm »
Oh... thanks, I will have a look with the trial version.
But what actually is the difference?

Epi

Epistropheus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 04:37:33 pm »
Conrado... thats you in the FengOffice Tour video  :) Nice

Did you see this thread from me?

http://forums.opengoo.org/index.php?topic=1619.0

It describes some individual problems I have with opengoo

I still havent got the login information from feng office, registered twice with different names because I thouhgt I did something wrong...

Is feng different to opengoo?

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 12:18:35 pm »
Hi Epistropheus.

Yes, that is me. I hate watching it. I try to hide when I hear someone playing it at the office. I've been thinking of doing a "disclaimer" video saying I was told by the producers to act like that...  :P

Feng Office is basically the same code, with minor tweaks for better handling of multiple installations and efficiency. The Data Base used is the same as OpenGoo's.

The main value Feng Office adds is that it takes care of system administration and provide official support (we commit to response times and to reply to every inquiry... something that is getting harder and harder to do at the forum).

Another service we provide at Feng Office is doing custom configuration and coding to adjust the system for each customer and use case.

I've been slow at the forum these past days (or rather, forum activity is just becoming too much for me -and the team- to keep up with its pace) I'll take a look at the post you link.

I'll also forward your issue about not getting the login information. Are you using filters for your incoming e-mail?

Halkon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 11:44:34 am »
following the original branch of this thread, about publish calendar.. will be nice if we can sync opengoo calendar and task in thunderbird.. this can be do with thunderbird extensions, i don't how to make this extensions, but i'll be glad to help searching, reading and developing about this, but i need to know if opengoo task and calendars was creating following some standards like iCalendar or some other..

i work with PHP and javascript, then i can help in some things, but.. when you release the documentation to make our own modules??..

carlos

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 04:14:01 pm »
Hi Halkon,

There is a way to export an iCal feed, you have to activate it through Administration/General/Show feed links. You will see a small calendar icon appear at the top right hand corner of the calendar, which will give you the link.

It would be good to have full sync with other calendar applications, we're thinking about using syncML to sync with mobile applications but we have no experience with it.. if you are willing to give us a hand with that (or with improving the iCal feeds, any ideas?), it would be great. Currently there isn't much documentation available for developers, you could still check out our wiki for any guidelines, and if you have any specific questions, just let us know:

http://wiki.opengoo.org

max

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 04:52:57 pm »
carlos said:
(or with improving the iCal feeds, any ideas?)

sure!

1. obviously syncML would be the way to go. But that's enough said for protocols.

2. while we have no two-way syncML, in the meantime iCal one-way sync as it already exists isn't that bad. I use it a lot!

3. No matter what syncing protocol you'd use, the following could be improved:

3.1 it lacks a few important/useful fields, to quote myself:
* Alarms are not exported (ical: VALARM)
* Participation Status (PARTSTAT) would theoretically also be available
* time Zone? I haven't tested anything there yet.
* Tags from oGoo could go into CATEGORIES
* Workspace from oGoo could be replicated in DESCRIPTION, perhaps?
* LOCATION (not used in oGoo yet, but would be useful for the future, as I believe it's a heavily used field)
* ATTENDEE

3.2. and it doesn't export milestones.

3.3 and Tasks - theoretically ical supports these, let's have them already!

3.4 One insanely great feature of opengoo is that you can subscribe to all childen of a parent workspace, just by subscribing to the parent. I basically have structured our whole workspace architecture around that - one tree for all current projects, one tree for all users' public calendars, one for my family, etc. - but it would be fabulous if the filter settings on the calendar pane (view everyones calendar / view my calendar) and filters by tag could also be stored in the form of an ical subscribe-to link. So that I could actually subscribe with thunderbird to ."all entries from all of my colleagues tagged "vacation". And have them combined smartly as a layer within my great big master sunbird calendar.

3.5. The calendar pane could also use checkboxes to hide/show tasks, milestones, birthdays and events individually.

3.6. There is this thing with birthdays that I probably haven't posted yet - if I have the "can manage contacts" permission (which we grant to everyone in the company) then I see every birthday of every contact. Now if I invite everyone in the company to use UpenGoo for their private adresses, too, then this generates an ugly amount of birthdays of strangers = noise.
Better solution would be to show only birthdays of contacts assigned to this workspace.

need more?  :o

Halkon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 05:51:11 pm »
Hi Halkon,

There is a way to export an iCal feed, you have to activate it through Administration/General/Show feed links. You will see a small calendar icon appear at the top right hand corner of the calendar, which will give you the link.

It would be good to have full sync with other calendar applications, we're thinking about using syncML to sync with mobile applications but we have no experience with it.. if you are willing to give us a hand with that (or with improving the iCal feeds, any ideas?), it would be great. Currently there isn't much documentation available for developers, you could still check out our wiki for any guidelines, and if you have any specific questions, just let us know:

http://wiki.opengoo.org

wow.. i wasn't know that option.. work great.. i'll try to read about to try to help you with that... will be great if (like max said).. can be possible to export task in thunderbird (thru iCal)... and add or mod events and task from thunderbird to opengoo... i think is just a permission issue..

thnxs a lot.. btw.. i'm carlos too