Author Topic: $ ---> €  (Read 5376 times)

the_don

• View Profile
$ ---> €
« on: April 21, 2009, 07:46:11 am »
Dear users,

How can I change de settings in billing so that is get euro's instead of dollars?
And is there a way that i can keep that so even after an upgrade???

with regards
Tom  ???

ras2000

• View Profile
    • Proremus
Re: $ ---> €
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 08:15:58 am »
Hey

There is as far as I can see a central place to change this, it is hardcoded into the pages.

I think the best you can do is to change it in the code, one place would be
[install folder]/application/views/billing/index.php
line 29 where it says
    <td style="text-align: center;padding:5px;padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px;">$&nbsp;<?php echo clean($billing->getDefaultValue()) ?></td>

change to
    <td style="text-align: center;padding:5px;padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px;">€&nbsp;<?php echo clean($billing->getDefaultValue()) ?></td>

I am pretty sure it figures other places as well, this should definitely be changed soon.
If you are what you eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy.

ras2000

• View Profile
    • Proremus
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 08:23:48 am »
I found these cases as well:
C:\wamp\www\opengoo\application\views\reporting\total_task_times.php (4 hits)
   Line 125:    <?php if ($showBillingCol) { ?><td style="width:30px;padding:4px;border-top:2px solid #888;text-align:right;">$&nbsp;<?php echo $sumBillings[$i] ?></td><?php } ?>
   Line 171:    <?php if ($showBillingCol) { ?><td style="padding:4px;text-align:right;<?php echo $isAlt? 'background-color:#F2F2F2':'' ?>">$&nbsp;<?php echo $ts->getFixedBilling() ?></td><?php } ?>
   Line 180:    <?php if ($showBillingCol) { ?><td style="width:30px;padding:4px;border-top:2px solid #888;text-align:right;">$&nbsp;<?php echo $sumBillings[$i] ?></td><?php } ?>
   Line 215: </td><?php if ($showBillingCol) { ?><td style="width:30px;padding-left:8px;border-top: 1px solid #AAA;"><div style="text-align: right;padding: 10px 0; font-weight: bold;">$&nbsp;<?php echo $sumBilling ?></div></td><?php } ?>
$ should be changed to € each place.

And no, this will not stay after an update.

I could program it in, submit and hope they keep it, but that's about the best I can do.

Good luck!

carlos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 11:47:53 am »
Hi guys,

I think this is an important issue,, we'll make the currency sign configurable for version 1.4

ras2000

• View Profile
    • Proremus
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 06:07:08 am »
Yeah, probably the smartest solution.

I changed a few things as described here http://forums.opengoo.org/index.php?topic=1495.0.

That way you can have different currencies for different billing categories.

It is, however, not a very wise way to do it, firstly when adding up the bills, you need to GROUP BY currency, secondly it would be necessary to have a new table with the currencies to avoid redundancy, to avoid people writing the same currency differently, ie DKr, DKR, Kr, kr, dkr, etc.

Maybe a thought for the future, but having one central currency makes a lot of sense.

the_don

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 06:57:28 am »
Great Guys thank you for all the input.
I can't wait untill version 1.4 goes live! ::)

the_don

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 07:06:38 am »
first of great work again!
The reporting has ben greatly improved, however I'm still missing one thing the euro. The reports are still only in dollars I would like to select euro for the billing info.

can you help me on this?;

regards

the_don

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 04:40:01 am »
Found it.. administration / configuratie and then general