Author Topic: People in 2.0 community version  (Read 4255 times)

Eggsalad

• Freshman
    • View Profile
People in 2.0 community version
« on: March 28, 2012, 03:11:10 pm »
Hi-

First of all, great software!

We recently upgraded from 1.7.5 to 2.0 community addition.  I thought that People was going to be another dimension like Workspaces and Tags that could be associated with objects, but I don't see how to associate them.  When you select a Person on the left, it seems to try to filter by that Person.  Randomly, one task does appear for one person (I think I edited the task), but I don't know why.  Is People just an address book?

Also, I can't seem to be able to delete Tags or Workspaces in a Person object.  I uncheck the boxes, hit save, get the message that it's saved, but then they come back.  I checked permissions, and that seems ok.  Bug?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Eggsalad

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: People in 2.0 community version
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 12:00:43 am »
Still working on this.  People seems to be more than an address book, but the behavior of selecting a Person on the left doesn't seem to be consistent.  When looking at Tasks, for example, things that seem to affect which Tasks are displayed when selecting a Person are:

* if that Person is assigned the Task
* if that Person is subscribed to the Task
* if that Person appears in the Task's History (e.g., was subscribed then unsubscribed)
* if the Task has a Due Date
* if the Task is past due

But, I can't say for sure exactly what's happening.  These seemed to be the determining factors, but then I find a case which doesn't fit them all.

If anyone or Support knows how this works or is supposed to work, please reply.  It'd be really helpful.  Thanks!

Eggsalad

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 07:00:10 pm »
Just checking on this.  I submitted bug reports.

I haven't seen any feedback from support or developers on any issues with 2.0, and I don't believe there's any documentation yet.  An update would be really helpful.  Thanks!

rafj

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 05:39:53 pm »
I have change one setting in fo_dimensions table. I've set is_manageable to 1 for feng_persons record. And now I can set 'releted to' to company or person same as workspace or tag.

Eggsalad

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 05:15:05 pm »
Thanks.  When I tried that though, it didn't quite work right.  Yes, People does become an option in the edit-Task-Related-to section.  But, what I check there isn't consistently related to how it filters the Task list when selecting a Person with the widget on the left.  Also, once I check a Person in a Task in this way and Save the Task, I can't go back and uncheck them and Save to revert back to how the Task originally was.

It seems like it's looking at other factors to determine the People relation, not just if I manually try to set it.

rafj

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 06:13:47 pm »
well. Try to set permissions for people in dimensions. If you want to assign task or other object you have to set rw in permisions for people/company in company/people dimension. I can now assign and change this dimension when i set correct permissions .
But if the person is feng user and you assign them to task he will be assigned to task automaticly