Author Topic: fatal error after .csv upload, debian stable, feng v. 2.0  (Read 3758 times)

tonybaldwin

• View Profile
fatal error after .csv upload, debian stable, feng v. 2.0
« on: March 22, 2012, 03:14:32 pm »
Installation went well, and I was thoroughly enjoying playing with/testing all the features.
Set up e-mail successfully, edited a document, etc.,etc.

Then I tried to import a .csv file for contacts,
and it hasn't worked since.
Whe I try to load my installation, I get
Error
We are sorry, but a fatal error prevented Feng Office from executing your request. An Error Report has been sent to the administrator.

This is on Debian/Stable, amd64. Apache 2.2, Mysql, etc.

tail /var/log/apache2/error.log gives me
[Thu Mar 22 13:00:56 2012] [error] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: plugins_available in /home/tony/linguas/fengoffice/public/install/installation/templates/plugins.php on line 2
[Thu Mar 22 13:00:56 2012] [error] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/tony/linguas/fengoffice/public/install/installation/templates/plugins.php on line 2
[Thu Mar 22 13:07:50 2012] [error] [client 71.235.82.118] File does not exist: /var/www/office/index.php, referer: http  blinguas.homelinux.net/office/index.php?c=help&a=help_options&current=help
[Thu Mar 22 13:12:45 2012] [error] [client 58.218.199.147] File does not exist: /var/www/feed
sendmail: Server didn't like our AUTH LOGIN (530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. i19sm9359064qad.19)

What to do?

tonybaldwin

• View Profile
Re: fatal error after .csv upload, debian stable, feng v. 2.0
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 08:40:30 pm »
That installation was at home, on a debian stable, amd64 server.
Now, I've installed on my webserver, but I'm afraid to even try and upload a csv.

I had another issue.
When I turn on "Created people from email recipients" I get a 500 Internal Server Error, no mail sent, no contact added.
Turn that off, I can send mail, but no contacts added.  I filed a bug for that one. The error in error.log was specific enough.

The web server is also debian stable, I think amd64, on linode's server farm in New Jersey.

tonybaldwin

• View Profile
Re: fatal error after .csv upload, debian stable, feng v. 2.0
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 12:03:27 pm »
For others to know, I eventually succeeded in uploading/importing a CSV,
but here's the deal.

Do NOT try this with the mess of a .csv you get from exporting gmail contacts.

I had to take the csv and do some editing to it.
First, I removed everything but
"firstname","lastname","email"

I also did a s/;/,/g
(ie., replace semicolons with commas).
Make sure your csv is utf8 encoded, and has no special characters.
(ie, "foreign" characters, like ñ, ç, é, etc.)

Then, on import, make sure you uncheck all the fields that are not included, so that only "first name", "last name" and "email" are checked.

This worked for me, where the initial csv did not.