Author Topic: Feng Office 2.0.0 released to the general public  (Read 17682 times)

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Feng Office 2.0.0 released to the general public
« on: March 22, 2012, 02:47:46 am »
It is with great pleasure that Feng Office announces the release of Feng Office 2.0.0 to the general public.

Yeay!  ;D

You can read more about it in the blog.

Sign up to try it free, or download the Community Edition for free, and let us know what you think!

If you are upgrading from a previous version running on your own servers, please remember to backup!

Enjoy!
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Feng Office 2.0.0 released to the general public
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 10:37:57 am »
On a side note, something that we missed in the ReadMe:

If you are upgrading your installation - please remember to backup everything in case something goes wrong as it takes quite a lot of time if you have a lot of data -, once the ugprade is done you should change the TABLE_PREFIX from og_ to fo_ in the config.php file.

Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

fengy

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 10:44:50 am »
Great! Congratulations!
:D

By default, feng comes with Tags and Workspaces, which is great since it has been like this in 1.7.5.

Can I ask you a few things since I installed it locally for a test-drive:

- How can I manage my Dimensions?
I would like to create a new dimension: say Projects

- Can I restrict relationships?
Currently I can relate Objects to multiple workspaces... Can I restrict the relation to only a single workspace/dimension

For ex. : If I create a Project dimension, Can I have Tasks related to only one  project  at a time ?

- How can I create my own plug-in? Is There an API documentation, or I should inspect the default available plugins for now?

Kind Regards
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 11:01:15 am by fengy »

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 10:57:32 am »
Hello there!

As Conrado has mentioned in his blog post, in our rush to release the final version we were not able to finish this documentation, so we are still working on the documentation for the plugins and the API, as well as dimensions :)

This information will be available soon!

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

fengy

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 10:59:21 am »
Looking forward to it! :)

Keep up the good work!

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 06:20:28 pm »
One more thing, in case someone is upgrading from other versions:
In order to upgrade Feng Office 2.0 from Feng Office 2.0 RC, you should only need to copy and replace the new files for the new ones as no new SQL statement should be run. However, ALWAYS remember to backup all of your data in case of anything going wrong.

Please also have a look here for further information: http://www.fengoffice.com/web/wiki/doku.php/installation

Greetings!

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 02:36:00 pm »
We have published some documentation regarding the Feng Office API that we have released, among the documentation for the new and improved plugin system.

API documentation
Plugin Engine

Chances are there are things to improve there, so please feel free to do it (it is Wiki content) or at least leave a comment with your thoughts.

Taking the opportunity, considering the Final has been released, it would be great if the application could be translated to other languages but English/Spanish. In case there are volunteers for this, we would greatly appreciate it as we do not speak fluently in other languages.
To those looking forward to helping us with this task, please post the new translations within your language section of the forum, and thank you very much!!

Greetings,
Francisco

abdsheikh

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 03:35:11 pm »
Hi,

we are an NGO using Feng Office 1.75 community version.
We are planning on upgrading from 1.75 to 2.0 but are unable to doso.
we tried doing a manual upgrade by copying all the folders from 2.0 except for public, upload and config folders and also replaced the og_ with fo_ in the table prefix but when i open the feng_root/public/upgrade it says that it is already upgraded and when i try opening the website it shows a blank screen even after clearing the cache.
I restored the backup and came back to the previous version.
Can you please help me with a proper detailed process of upgrading it and also correct me if i am missing anything.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 06:08:40 pm »
This is the whole process one should follow to migrate from Feng Office 1.7.5 to 2.0 (in case you have a previous version, it is better if you upgrade it to 1.7.5 first)

1- Back up all of your data (file system and data base) in case anything goes wrong
2- Create a new directory to keep all of the new files of the new version
3- Change the TABLE_PREFIX at the config/config.php from og_ (or whatever) to fo_ and also change the database data.
4- Delete the cache/autoloader.php file (it will be regenerated automatically later on)
5- Access your installation and go to /public/upgrade and run the upgrade
6- When the upgrade is over, click on the link that says 'Complete migration' or alike, and in case you missed it, run it from public/upgrade/complete_migration.php
7- Wait a while.. the migration takes long depending on your server/computer and the amount of data
8- If you have a lot of data, repeat the steps 6 to 8 until you have the same amount of records in the fo_objects table as in the fo_processed_objects

We will be working on this last step to improve it, but for the time being it is the only way

Best regards,
Francisco
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 04:26:29 pm by franponce87 »

abdsheikh

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 06:12:18 am »
What actually should I change in the database?

abdsheikh

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 07:47:59 am »
Please Reply!!

blakecarl

• Nobody is perfect. I am nobody.
    • View Profile
    • Wholesale Catalog Printing
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 01:52:37 am »
Time to celebrate! thanks for this update!  :o
We have the BILL OF RIGHTS. What we need is the BILL OF RESPONSIBILITIES.

abdsheikh

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 10:58:01 am »
Please tell me what changes are required in the databases?

This is the whole process one should follow to migrate from Feng Office 1.7.5 to 2.0 (in case you have a previous version, it is better if you upgrade it to 1.7.5 first)

1- Back up all of your data (file system and data base) in case anything goes wrong
2- Create a new directory to keep all of the new files of the new version
3- Change the TABLE_PREFIX at the config/config.php from og_ (or whatever) to fo_ and also change the database data.
4- Delete the cache/autoloader.php file (it will be regenerated automatically later on)
5- Access your installation and go to /public/upgrade and run the upgrade
6- When the upgrade is over, click on the link that says 'Complete migration' or alike, and in case you missed it, run it from public/upgrade/complete_migration.php
7- Wait a while.. the migration takes long depending on your server/computer and the amount of data
8- If you have a lot of data, repeat the steps 6 to 8 until you have the same amount of records in the fo_objects table as in the fo_processed_objects

We will be working on this last step to improve it, but for the time being it is the only way

Best regards,
Francisco

PetterSandvik

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 03:16:19 pm »
You shuld edit the TABLE_PREFIX in the config-file for the new Feng-installation.

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 06:42:02 pm »
Everybody with problems upgrading to Feng Office 2.0 Community Edition, I recommend going over this thread:
http://forums.fengoffice.com/index.php?topic=14871.0

Cheers!
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.