Author Topic: Feng Office 2.0 BETA 4 has been released!  (Read 9053 times)

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Feng Office 2.0 BETA 4 has been released!
« on: February 27, 2012, 05:57:52 pm »
Dear Everyone!

It has been a long while since our last version, but we have worked very hard on many different issues, so that this version is more like the Final one.
The RC is due for next week, which will contain the major fixes of the bugs you all may help us find, which we would appreciate a lot if you could report in the proper section here:
www.fengoffice.com/web/bugs

Trust us when we say we have not forgotten you, and that is why we have made further architecture changes which will certainly make it easier in the future for anyone to work on, and that we will be a bit more active in the forums. However, remember you may help us being active too and helping other users who have questions and may share similar views to yours.
We also are eager to know your comments about this version, so please feel free to do so either within this thread or at the Feng Office 2 section of the forum

Please keep in mind you may not migrate your previous 1.7.5 version to this one yet, as this is still a BETA - but a mature one -.

Ok, no more talking from our side! You may download the BETA 4 from here:
Feng 2.0 Beta 4

Best regards,
Feng Office Team
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

simonwenger

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: Feng Office 2.0 BETA 4 has been released!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 04:01:01 am »
Hi franponce87!

Thanks for the BETA!

There's new hope ;-)

Contrary to your post of March 8, 2011 templates do still not include subtasks. Forgotten? Bug?

And, related to your post of Cabeza from June 17, 2010 Swift is -again- not up to date. This means, people with TLS authetication will not be able to use fengoffice for sending emails.

(BTW for everyone else: simply replace the "lib" folder within library/swift/ with the up-to-date version, for security keep the orginal somewhere)

Things generally seem faster on the fresh install, but of course this depends on the data...

And: what happened to the "people" pane? The contact's information is mostly not shown anymore(i.e. linked objects!!)
You can't link object from here anymore!
You don't see recent activity.
You can't "close" the pane anymore.

Ok, sorry this is a bit chaotic, I'm swapping back and forth between the new BETA, the old install (1.7.5) and this forum ;-)

Thanks again, hope to see more!

Simon

kuril

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 05:48:22 am »
how I can upgrade from 2.0_b3 ?

BryanMtdt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 12:17:13 pm »
Hi,

I've posted my installation problem on the proper section of the forum ( http://forums.fengoffice.com/index.php?topic=14769.0 )

, maybe is just a permissions problem on the zip file or me,

thnx for the good work keep it up  :) .
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 12:19:20 pm by BryanMtdt »

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 06:49:04 pm »
Thank you all for your inputs! We are taking note of all of them!

@Simon:

Concerning the templates and the subtasks, templates will have subtasks as it did in Feng Office 1, but this Beta may not have them

Concerning the Swift library, this is something really sensitive, and we do not want to mess it up and ruin everyone's mailing.

The 'People' tab will be added on the RC. Right now you may access it by clicking 'View all' at the 'People' dimension.

Where from cannot you link objects? A person?

The activity feed has not been developed yet, but it will be eventually.

@kuril:
This is not advised as they both are betas, even though there will barely be changes in the database from this one to the RC. You may try overwritting the files and then upgrading manually by going to /public/upgrade, but I personally have no idea if this would work at all. Remember backing up your data before doing so.

@Bryan:
Someone from our Team will look into this matter and get back to you with the response in your thread.
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 09:22:51 am »
Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

This are exciting times for us.

Keep it coming!
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

fengy

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 06:52:01 am »
good to hear from you! :)

I have implemented a custom GTD(getting things done) solution for my feng 1.7.5 and I am wondering how it will fit in the new version...So a few questions:

- where are tags?
- Can we rename the "Clients and Project' Tab (I don't realy have that separation of concept in my workflow)

Best

fengy

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 06:56:35 am »
One more thing:

Although I like the ability to crete 'Folder" dimensions. I would like to have the ability to organize documents into folders(i.e. built-in Folders into the Documents module). This is where most people need folder structure.

about the new Design: I like the L&F of Feng 1.7.5 (as far as I know this is the default ExtJS theme). In Feng 2 beta things have changed and now the theme seems broken(the green tabs look alien next to the ExtJS controls)

Best and keep up the good work!

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 10:18:47 am »
Thanks for the feedback, fengy.

We are still analyzing the 'folders-in-documents-tab' request. Not currently top-priority.

Look & Feel is a work in progress. Not top priority for Feng 2.0.0, but definitely to be improved in early updates.

I would love to see your GTD implementation!

We'll be posting tips on how to use dimensions to make your own (aka renaming Clients and Projects, Workspaces, Tags, Vendors, Work Orders, etc.)

Cheers!
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

fengy

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 04:47:19 am »
thanks for the info Conrado! :)

I was also thinking about sharing my GTD implementation..it won't work as a plugin because I rely on things that are specific to my installation, but maybe it is going to be interesting in terms of use case.

I'll have to prepare the post and explain the details in the forums

Best!

fengy

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 05:06:14 am »
my GTD implementation:
hxxp://forums.fengoffice.com/index.php?topic=14779.0

Best!

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 03:10:42 pm »
Nice!