Author Topic: view contact activity / history  (Read 4826 times)

simonwenger

• Freshman
    • View Profile
view contact activity / history
« on: February 17, 2012, 05:54:01 am »
It would be nice to see all related actions to a contact when viewing the contact itself.
i.e. see all recent emails, see events (meetings) with contact, not only linked objects. (or alternatively automatically link all emails and events to corresponding contact)

AFAIK there is, for the moment, no way at all to see all conversation with one contact, right? (yes, I can search, but then it shows all messages CONTAINING the contacts name/email)

Thanks! S

hrickh

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: view contact activity / history
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 03:05:59 am »
It would be nice to see all related actions to a contact when viewing the contact itself.
i.e. see all recent emails, see events (meetings) with contact, not only linked objects. (or alternatively automatically link all emails and events to corresponding contact)

AFAIK there is, for the moment, no way at all to see all conversation with one contact, right? (yes, I can search, but then it shows all messages CONTAINING the contacts name/email)

Thanks! S
Hmm... I don't think there's a way to do that, at least not automatically. And I'm not sure for email threads since I don't use it within FO, but I know that with some forethought you can link everything else to a contact, and when you click on the contact, all those links will show up. But it takes some forethought to either link or tag. Maybe have different workspaces/dimensions for the contact?

R.
==

simonwenger

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: view contact activity / history
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 03:35:48 am »
Yes you can link to a contact, but the links will not show up in the contact's pane. (You need to "edit" the contact and open the "linked objects" to access the information.)
This is, depending on the approach (or workflow) essential. I want to have an overview of the past activity when contacting a customer.
And I think emails and events with invitations should then link automatically to the apprpriate contact.

See funnela which does this marvellously!

I hope this feature will make it, as it only requires a minimal change.