Author Topic: Quiet in here...  (Read 8539 times)

hrickh

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Quiet in here...
« on: February 05, 2012, 01:07:54 am »
I've been away from the forum for a long time and just recently came back when I started using FO2B3.

I've noticed it's awfully quiet in here. Back in the OpenGoo days it used to be really active, especially in he beginning. Did most of the developers (and users, for that matter) leave? Or is there another forums somewhere I'm missing?

R.
==

skyer2000

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: Quiet in here...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 12:43:23 pm »
The developers are really hands off when it comes to the community, they are in active beta without a single update in months.

hrickh

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 06:51:12 pm »
Yeah, I noticed they've not been around at all.

A shame, really. Because I've also noticed that when people have questions or problems with the beta, the user community for the most part just isn't experienced enough to offer a helping hand (and why would they be - it's still BETA).

Betas really need developer involvement. I don't know, but in my opinion it just comes across as arrogant on the developers' part when they're so stand-offish with a beta product - and one that's been at the same beta level for months now.

*rant off*

R.
==

Karl_de_Hall

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 07:14:00 pm »
I don't think that it is helpful to rail at the developers.
Being a newbie, it confuses me more that one gets no answers to newbie-questions in this forum.
When I started with DokuWiki I got a lot of very friendly and patient help in their forum, even for "stupid" newbie-questions.
Karl

hrickh

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 12:14:37 am »
Not railing on the developers.

I think their presence is needed here. That's an opinion from someone that's been around the development of several software products for years now.

As you note, "newbies" aren't really getting much help here, just more questions from other new users. Developer involvement would in turn go a ways to fostering more community involvement, and by extension, adoption.

Again, that's my opinion.

R.
==

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 11:12:07 pm »
Thank you all for your messages.

We are just crazy busy trying to finish the 2.0 version, attending client requests, and favoring coding over communication.

I am not sharing this information as an excuse, but to let you know on the status of the project.

As soon as we have the version 2.0 out and stabilized, we should again have more time for the forum.

Thank you for your patience!
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

RandySmich

• ICQ Messenger - 177767187
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - college application essay writin
    • View Profile
    • write my essay reddit n90nfh
    • Email
thesis page f13lfe
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2023, 07:53:06 am »

Thanks a lot, Awesome stuff.
<a href="https://service-essay.com/">cheap research paper writing service</a> professional paper writing service <a href="https://custompaperwritingservices.com/">pay for college papers</a> college paper writing service
need someone to write my essay <a href="https://bestmasterthesiswritingservice.com">can i pay someone to do my essay</a> help me write a business plan for free