Author Topic: Community Differences and Limitations  (Read 2572 times)

AldenIsZen

• View Profile
    • Email
Community Differences and Limitations
« on: December 14, 2011, 03:33:42 pm »
Apologies if this has been posted, preliminary search turned up nothing. Does anyone have a link or care to share information on the differences between the community editions and the full/retail? We are a small organization right now, more of a club and already have hosting and the community edition installed to play with. But we don't want to be missing any features that are crucial.

We love FOSS, and won't hesitate to compensate/donate when able. But we like the model that Feng Uses a little with free unless it is commercial. I would tweak that a bit, but I won't get into that here.

AldenIsZen

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Community Differences and Limitations
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 04:22:52 pm »
Looking in the documentation about administration, and comparing screenshots to our community install, I was able to infer quite a bit... I've attached screenshots for anyone else looking for the same.

timveer

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: Community Differences and Limitations
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 02:14:18 am »
Hi,

We've been using Feng 1.7.5 Community a short while now and have more features than you ... :P

Are you comparing the new Feng 2.0 to 1.7.5?

The Feng team have begun to clarify what will be changing in FO2.0 (plugins & features included or not), but for your reference, attached is a screenshot from our FO 1.7.5 community install.

Cheers,