Author Topic: Email not showing  (Read 7677 times)

e979

• View Profile
Email not showing
« on: December 09, 2011, 01:54:25 pm »
I configurated the email account for an user as supposed to. The account is google apps based, so it runs with pop.gmail.com ports and settings.

FengOffice tells me "10 Emails have been received" but shows none.

It perfectly allows to send emails from FengOffice´s Mail tab but as far for receiving is a no-no. Shows an empty inbox even though it says it´s getting email, and as far as I can tell, it´s also placing them in the database.

Any ideas or solutions? would be much appreciated

seofw

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Email not showing
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 08:15:22 am »
Hi,

I have reported the same error in this thread about Beta 2: index.php?topic=14417.msg30558#msg30558

Francisco said it would be fixed in the "next release", I guess he didn't mean BETA 3  ::)

I think it has to do with viewing permissions. I have looked a bit into it, and the emails are being saved in the database, they are just not shown in Feng Office.

Let's hope it works in the next Beta Version...

ismadman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 04:56:38 am »
Just reporting on a clean install today I am getting the same thing
Although the emails arent sending but are receiving .
Emails received =10 top drop down
But all panes are empty
Emails ARE in the database though

kelleychambers

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 12:30:20 am »
Yep, same here... uber fresh install... Google Apps mail NOT being fetched on IMAP. No error message... just no messages.

I have no idea how this software made it to beta 3 without this functionality.    ???

Update: I can SEND mail from account but it still does NOT show up in the sent mail tab.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 12:35:45 am by kelleychambers »

kelleychambers

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 04:13:30 pm »
Same shit, different day.  I've been complaining about this for TWO years and it STILL HASN"T BEEN FIXED.  Even with the RC1 for FO 2.0.  This a WIDELY popular and used email host.

What gives, Feng????

_PHPepe_

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • PHPepe.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 10:22:10 am »
We will be working on this ASAP.
We haven't tested with ALL email providers so you can find some issues that we are solving on each release.

_PHPepe_

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • PHPepe.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 05:58:15 pm »
Tested Feng2 RC1 mail client with google apps (custom domain) via pop and works fine, sending and receiving mails.

You can follow google instructions here:
http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=13287

Take care about ssl/tls and port settings

_PHPepe_

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • PHPepe.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 06:13:32 pm »

kelleychambers

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 11:43:51 am »
If it worked with IMAP. I wouldn't be posting this.  I even filed a bug report of which "ivazquez" CLOSED  stating "HE HAD NO TIME FOR THIS.".    That is verbatim from the Mantis bug report email I received.

THIS IS NOT the way to resolve problems that are identified by the people testing your product.  We take the time to give it a shot... report bugs and issues... and if it works, guess what?  WE REFER OTHER PEOPLE TO USE IT!  That response, ivanquez was highly improper and I'm sure not the attitude FO wants to project. 

I am beyond frustrated.  Having worked with plenty of open source projects in the past, this is one project where I feel people would rather blindly say "it works".  If it worked, you wouldn't get multiple people reporting back that it DOES NOT.

kelleychambers

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 11:58:30 am »
Clearly, there is a major issue with the email module. I can't even delete the offending account. See my attached screenshot.

_PHPepe_

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • PHPepe.com
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 06:02:04 pm »
@kelleychambers:
The issue was close by an error.  Was my error.. sorry about that.
Also I will register the last error deleting accounts and test if is a generic problem or only with google apps email.
Please be patient, we where working very hard on bug fixing, this will be solved ASAP

kelleychambers

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 06:27:41 pm »
Any update on this??

kelleychambers

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 07:51:12 pm »
I've installed the "final" version only to find that NOTHING has been fixed on my end.  I still can not receive my mail, send or receive.  Thought you guys said this was important to you and wanted to get it fixed ASAP.  ???

rgeigerusa

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 03:37:31 am »
Has this been fixed yet?  I just did a clean install, set up gmail and it sends and appears to receive but does not display any emails in the boxes!

This is a critical feature.  Any update?

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2013, 04:28:15 pm »
Email does work - specially with Gmail - so chances are that you have something wrong on your server side (be it security settings, etc.) preventing the emails from getting in... or may be your user does not have enough permissions or the filters you are using are the wrong ones.

I cannot know the problem specifically as I cannot access your data.. but this does work - except for Hotmail when sending emails of course, unless you get to pay them.. but this happens with all email clients..-

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!