Author Topic: Assign to more than one person!  (Read 6361 times)

dkjoomla

• View Profile
Assign to more than one person!
« on: December 06, 2011, 06:04:36 am »
Dear Feng Officers,

I've just been playing with Feng 2.0 for a while, I am trying to add new task now and I find it would be great if there is a choice to assign a task/milestone to more than one person and/or to a group of people or so.,,

Cheers,

lngstone

• View Profile
Re: Assign to more than one person!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 12:26:17 pm »
I too would like a lot such a feature...  :)

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 11:07:23 am »
How about:

1. Assigning to one person (the responsible person) and subscribing the other people?
or
2. Making multiple tasks, one for each person.
or
3. Making a task, and multiple sub-tasks

Isn't it always good to make sure who is 'responsible' for making sure the task is completed?
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

asdfghj

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 07:39:02 pm »
I will by trying your option 1 and see how it goes as a replacement for assigning multiple people to a single task.

Here are 2 examples of how my company could use multiple people assigned to one task:

A document needs to be read by the board before being signed by clients at the next meeting.  This would allow the board of directors to all be attached to the task of reading the document, and their comments would all be in the same place, and have the ability to update/edit the document.

We also have some construction tasks for one of our projects, and usually who ever has free time will go and continue from where the last member left off.  if they were all assigned to the same construction task, they could follow updates/comments by the last person who had time, and know exactly what needs to be done, and what has already been done, when they get to the construction site.

thanks for considering adding groups/multiple people to tasks, and for all the other work you guys put into this project.

miekevson

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 03:16:55 am »
How about:

1. Assigning to one person (the responsible person) and subscribing the other people?
or
2. Making multiple tasks, one for each person.
or
3. Making a task, and multiple sub-tasks

Isn't it always good to make sure who is 'responsible' for making sure the task is completed?

Subscribing is not convenient because they get an email for every little change you make, otherwise that would be good solution. In this case, assign additional people would be great.

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 05:10:18 pm »
The Professional Edition now lets you 'assign' more people to a task.

This took a lot of brainpower to figure out. This request is as old as Feng Office, and very hard to tackle.

In reality, the new option lets you create (in a very simple and fast way) sub-tasks for the task you are creating, assigning each sub-task to a different person.

Assigning the same task to a bunch of people is not good practice, because:
1. How much of the estimated effort corresponds to each individual?
2. Who is ultimately responsible for completing the task (many 'responsible' people = no one is 'responsible")

We'll be describing the feature in more detail in a future post.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.