Author Topic: fresh FO 2 install "You must choose at least one member of Workspaces."  (Read 9523 times)

kurtar

• View Profile
Hi

I install a new fresh FO 2 on debian and mysql. Everything seems to work great. So I have started testing it. When I try to add a task this is the messgae I am getting

"You must choose at least one member of Workspaces."

And I see no "workspaces" anywhere and I am really not sure how and where to create one. I have looked all over, none on the side bar, preferences, accounts etc.

Am I missing something here?

thanks

ristotel

• View Profile
Re: fresh FO 2 install "You must choose at least one member of Workspaces."
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 07:17:53 am »
I have similiar problem here,

when I want to add a company, I get the same mistake even with several workspaces selected, I somehow overcame it, to be honest not sure how, but now it asks me for something like lang: group array empty, or soemthing like that...

rvadmin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 08:07:16 am »
Hello! I have the same error "You must choose at least one member of Workspaces", when I am trying to move one task to another (meaning create a subtask). How to resolve this?

Also, where is Quick Add link? :-\

kelye

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 08:52:25 am »
The ajax POST made when adding a new user/company has nothing about the workspace.

The checkboxes have no 'name' attribute so they are not sent.

12incher

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 07:10:53 pm »
This is my first time using FO. I went with version 2, and have this same problem. I could fix if I knew what to put into the name attribute, but I don't have time to research it.

What features does version 2 have over 1.75? Should I just delete this buggy piece of junk and install 1.75 instead? Version 2 seems nicer than DotProject, but if it doesn't work fully than I may just use that instead, or go with 1.75 if it's decent.

I had to use this forum to install FO 2 also, since there is a bug there that hasn't been fixed either. Anyway, I just want to add a company, can somebody fix this script please!!

I am currently testing this, reqman, dotproject, and redmine. They all are good, but this one seems to be the best match for my projects, so if you want to throw in the towel on this until it gets fixed (if ever) you may want to look into them.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 12:27:59 pm »
I see many new users around in here, welcome to Feng Office Forums!

The problem with the workspace, means that you first have to add a workspace, and then create an object (company, task, etc.). However, the message seems not to be clear

@12incher: Thanks for your input! As you may have noticed, Feng 2 is still under a BETA period, so yes, it does have bugs and issues, but we look forward to fixing them. On the other hand, Feng Office 1.7.5 is stable and consistent.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

kelye

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 01:12:23 pm »
i have 2 workspaces and i've selected one, i can provide more screenshots if needed :)

12incher

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 07:44:33 am »
@Fran. I didn't know it was Beta when I downloaded 2.0. I only discovered that after I installed it. I already had a decent investment of my time into it since i had to unzip and upload almost 4,000 files and search online to find a solution to the installation bug.

Also, I did first create a workspace, so no confusion there. It let me create one company after many attempts, and just wouldn't let me add any more no matter what I did.

Anyway, from what I saw in 2.0 Feng Office did look promising, so  I spent the time to install version 1.75. It was time well spent since everything works perfectly and is really a great piece of software. Just what I was looking for. Thank You.

I was kind of bummed not having the feature to customize the look of the interface, so I spent a few hours modding the design manually. Compared to the couple of clicks it takes in 2.0 you can see what a great feature this will be when it comes out of the Beta stage.

@ kelye. Obviously there is a bug. Look at how many people have reported it. Just because it worked for you doesn't mean there isn't a problem. You also said you "selected one". I was able to add 'one' company also, but the problem was adding a second company. Just curious how you can provide "more screenshots" when you didn't provide any to begin with? I can provide a screenshot of just about anything, with a little invention called Photoshop. Maybe you've heard of it. /rant
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 07:48:59 am by 12incher »

kelye

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 08:19:16 am »
how about reading again the whole topic and using your brain this time ?

let me help you:
1-  kuntar reported a problem regarding adding tasks that gives the error "You must choose at least one member of Workspaces."

2 - ristotel confirmed that there is a bug stating that he has several selected and still gets the same error

3 - rvadmin added one more report to the issue

4 - i pointed out that no workspace info is sent in the ajax post while trying to submit a new user request and that's why it's not working

5 - you added one more confirmation about the bug

(here's the tricky part, for you)
6 - franponce87 suggested that we didn't create any workspace prior to adding users/companies

7 - i confirmed that i had  created a workspace and it was selected

8 - and then you again... in a tech/bug report topic suggesting someone will use photoshop to report a bug ...

12incher

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 05:09:47 am »
Yes. That was the tricky part for me. After spending an entire day installing multiple project managment programs (most with install bugs I had to fix) my brain was toast.

I still stand by my statement that you can't provide more screenshots, until you supply some to begin with, lol.

It sucks I wasted so much time on version 2.0. When you go to download the software it gives you the beta version by default, which has this major bug discussed in this thread that makes it totally unusable for most people.

Version 1.75 is great. I have had a few clients that want me to use some other app that reminds me of Facebook. But I really like this, so hopefully they can get past the small learning curve, since I am sticking with it. Instead of fixing the bug in Feng 2.0 I reskined version 1.75 to look really cool. I left footer link in place since I didn't read the terms of service  :)

Hopefully support will listen to us, and realize we know how to use the software, and look into fixing the bug we reported here.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 08:57:30 am »
i have 2 workspaces and i've selected one, i can provide more screenshots if needed :)
My bad when I replied earlier, I was in a bit of a rush to reply everyone as fast as possible so I did miss some information, plus the fact of not having been to reproduce it myself.
Anyway, this issue has been solved for the next release.. hopefully ;)

@Fran. I didn't know it was Beta when I downloaded 2.0. I only discovered that after I installed it. I already had a decent investment of my time into it since i had to unzip and upload almost 4,000 files and search online to find a solution to the installation bug.

Also, I did first create a workspace, so no confusion there. It let me create one company after many attempts, and just wouldn't let me add any more no matter what I did.

Anyway, from what I saw in 2.0 Feng Office did look promising, so  I spent the time to install version 1.75. It was time well spent since everything works perfectly and is really a great piece of software. Just what I was looking for. Thank You.

I was kind of bummed not having the feature to customize the look of the interface, so I spent a few hours modding the design manually. Compared to the couple of clicks it takes in 2.0 you can see what a great feature this will be when it comes out of the Beta stage.

@ kelye. Obviously there is a bug. Look at how many people have reported it. Just because it worked for you doesn't mean there isn't a problem. You also said you "selected one". I was able to add 'one' company also, but the problem was adding a second company. Just curious how you can provide "more screenshots" when you didn't provide any to begin with? I can provide a screenshot of just about anything, with a little invention called Photoshop. Maybe you've heard of it. /rant
It has been said everywhere in the forums it is a BETA release, but great to know Feng Office 1.7.5 suits you as well.

Please, there is no need to be fighting at these forums as we all here are grown ups (that is what I like to think at least) that are eager to share their thoughts and help each other improving the system and such.

Last but not least,
Hopefully support will listen to us, and realize we know how to use the software, and look into fixing the bug we reported here.
No offense intended at all, but we are not support.
If you would like to receive real support with a fast response basis, you should consider subscribing to our services -onSky / onSite -. Yah... developers along other people in our Team need to get paid, servers must be used to host things, the office rent must be paid as well, etc. So yes, we do have our subscription services.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

douglas

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 10:36:54 pm »
Sinceramente me deja muy desilucionado que este problema no se haya podido solucionar.
Yo he instalado dos veces la version de fengoffice 2 en dos servidores diferentes y siempre tengo el mismo problema  :(

Porque sacan una versiĆ³n a la cual no piensan darle soporte, segun el mensaje anterior del administrador, que sentido tiene entonces sacar algo a la cual no van a solucionar?
Sinceramente, eso le da muy mala imagen al proyecto como tal. Entiendo que su core es el servicio de pago. Pero para muchas personas deja muy mala impresion un producto a la cual no ayudan a solucionar a los usuarios.

Saludos Cordiales

luisbp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 05:45:55 pm »
@douglas, do you know what BETA stage means?

Desilucionado? This is free, there is no support you can demand. What you can do instead is ask for help here when you run into any issues with it.

Porque sacan una version? They have not released FO2, again, it is in beta stage...you are free to download and test it, but that's it.

And yes, they will probably fix all the bugs, but it takes time and money, and you are getting all that for free...

If you are looking something for production go for the stable release, not beta.

And if you need help, just ask for it, I'm pretty sure the community here will try to help...

@Francisco, there are also issues with permissions at this point right?

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2011, 04:09:01 pm »
@douglas, do you know what BETA stage means?

Desilucionado? This is free, there is no support you can demand. What you can do instead is ask for help here when you run into any issues with it.

Porque sacan una version? They have not released FO2, again, it is in beta stage...you are free to download and test it, but that's it.

And yes, they will probably fix all the bugs, but it takes time and money, and you are getting all that for free...

If you are looking something for production go for the stable release, not beta.

And if you need help, just ask for it, I'm pretty sure the community here will try to help...

@Francisco, there are also issues with permissions at this point right?

Welcome both of you to Feng Office Forums!

I've got to say I agree with luisbp.. it currently is a BETA version.
Yes, the release dates have been delayed, trust us we want this version to be out there ASAP more than anyone else, but until certain things get finished, it is not possible to release it.

Soon you will all have news about it.

Concerning the permissions, yes, there are some problems with the BETA 2 version with them, and we have actually made tons of changes in there.

Best regards,
Francisco