Author Topic: Email not trashing  (Read 2839 times)

vixen800

• View Profile
Email not trashing
« on: April 26, 2011, 06:59:20 am »
Hi,

I've gone through the forum pages, but haven't found an answer or similar problem.

I have a couple of users on feng 1.7.4, everything seems to be working fine, except for two issues:

1) how do i disable the notification that an email has been deleted ... currently its looping to say that the email has been deleted and then you delete that notification i get a new email saying that the notification for the email to be deleted has been deleted ... on and on it goes ... any ideas?

2) I have one user who is having a trashing issue (only the one user) when you send an email to trash it says "Error: failed to move 1 objects to trash" ... i would've assumed this was a permissions issue, but permissions are all set to allow ... any ideas?
The user was set up exactly as the others

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Email not trashing
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 11:46:31 am »
The errors you are having are quite odd:

1) You cannot. Regarding the loop, you may have a problem somewhere else
2) You should check your log file and look for problems there and then fix them

Regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

krashnik

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • HardMagic Publishing
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 03:15:12 pm »
The word "cannot" should NEVER be in an admin or someone with responsibility's vocabulary.

Someone obviously programmed this, so someone can obviously turn it off.

Anyway - to answer question #1:

There is a piece of code in this file projects/application/models/notifier/notifier.class.php
on approx line 43 which has:

else if ($action == ApplicationLogs::ACTION_TRASH) {
   self::objectNotification($object, $subscribers, logged_user(), 'deleted');

I simply commented out this else if statement....

Not sure if it does the trick yet - I'm waiting on someone to send something to the trash first to see.  But this should disable it.

Alternatively, you can add a column to your database that sees whether the user wants to be notified and then change this else if to something like this:

else if ($action == ApplicationLogs::ACTION_TRASH && $wants_notified) {

Owner of HardMagic Publishing

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 11:46:33 am »
The word "cannot" should NEVER be in an admin or someone with responsibility's vocabulary.

Someone obviously programmed this, so someone can obviously turn it off.

Anyway - to answer question #1:

There is a piece of code in this file projects/application/models/notifier/notifier.class.php
on approx line 43 which has:

else if ($action == ApplicationLogs::ACTION_TRASH) {

I simply commented out this else if statement....

Not sure if it does the trick yet - I'm waiting on someone to send something to the trash first to see.  But this should disable it.

Alternatively, you can add a column to your database that sees whether the user wants to be notified and then change this else if to something like this:

else if ($action == ApplicationLogs::ACTION_TRASH && $wants_notified) {

What I meant is that currently Feng Office does not support such function as a GUI option for admin. It can only be added by changing its code. If you would like to help customizing notifications, please feel free to do it, and we may add it to a future release

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

timveer

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 05:11:13 am »

Krashnik, great job, This did the trick!

I thought I'd reply and update this to help anyone else caught in this endless repeating loop that keeps repeating endlessly over and over repeating itself again and again (you get the idea  ;))

Tim