Author Topic: WebDAV alternative?? AjaXplorer??  (Read 6366 times)

timveer

• Freshman
    • View Profile
WebDAV alternative?? AjaXplorer??
« on: October 11, 2011, 09:46:24 pm »
Hey all,

Brand new here, just downloaded FO, installed it and works like a charm!! Kudos to the Feng-meisters!  ;)

Well actually the installation botched the first time (I installed FO 2 beta, without realizing it....)

I was looking to figure out a better system of file Storage. We have several GB's of customer art files, collateral, etc that need to be accessible. I needed to figure a way to keep these files outside of FO, but still accessible from FO.

Came up with AjaXplorer (www dot ajaxplorer.info), looks pretty slick!

Now then, I read a few FO postings about Hello World, integrating, etc, and frankly, by the time I get this figured out we'll be up to FO v5 and probably using neural-connectors....
 (Although I guess I'm not that bad. I read the cnet review from Matt... I wonder if this guy tried downloading Apache and wondered why he couldn't use it to browse the web  ::))

Anyhow, has anyone looked/seen AjaXplorer and any thoughts. I'd be interested to hear them before I delve deeper into the great unknown...

Tim

EDIT:
BTW, this isn't a plug for AjaXplorer, I just really like the looks of it ;)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 12:35:48 am by timveer »

timveer

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: WebDAV alternative?? AjaXplorer??
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 05:47:50 pm »
This seems a little more involving than thought. I've built a tab using the "Hello World" example, but things still don't work  :(

If anyone has the talent or thought-process to figure out how to integrate AjaXplorer into FO (including the ability to link to and share files from directly within FO, I'm willing to pony up some $$$.

Any takers?
Tim

timveer

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 01:55:05 am »
Okay, so in hind-sight referring to it as WebDAV was maybe a little misleading. It basically is a means to access files on a server (ftp-like)

Here's my dilemma at this point.

I've tried to follow the Hello World example, but AjaXplorer has some issue with redeclaring php classes   ???

Anyhow, does someone have a simple example to create a new tab in FO, containing a browser wind (I guess I could hobble together an index.php that would submit a POST getting the username/password from the FO database to log into the AjaXplorer interface.

I looked at the allenlook post regarding ZenPhoto, but as another poster commented, the ZenPhoto How-To was posted, but what happens AFTER that is leaving us bewildered.

I think FO has fantastic potential, I think it just needs a little growth on the community side (for more community support  :P) as well as seeing the dev's in here more often with a little more helping hand.

Cheers,
Tim

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 12:13:25 pm »
Hello Tim, welcome to Feng Office Forums!

Our Team is not that big actually, so we are quite busy with tons of things to do at the same time, which means we cannot pay attention to the forum as much as we would love to do. However, we still do when possible of course!

We have not tried the AjaXplorer actually, but it may sound good to add it to the features, although it is not in our current road map. Either way, in case you happen to develop something with this, please let us know about it and we will be glad to add it to a future release. Otherwise, if you are not able to make it work but you do need it, you may want to contact sales@fengoffice.com for further information about a custom development.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

timveer

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 08:29:22 pm »
Hi Francisco,

Nice to hear back. I understand about your team, I think you have already a great job with FO.

I think (and this is a big favor) if some of the community were able to post back some more of their ideas and how they integrated solutions (including what they did inside of FO to integrate them), it would help the rest of the community to be able to try and include their solutions as well.

I think the community is strong, we just need a little more push to help each other out.

Cheers,
Tim

timveer

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 10:54:25 pm »
That's what I'm hoping for. Even if it's not possible to "truly" integrate with FO, but if the AjaXplorer interface shows in a FO tab and the login credentials from FO can be used to automatically logon to AjaXplorer - then I'll be pretty happy.

Tim