Author Topic: Tags as a Dimension  (Read 3358 times)

simon.maddox

• View Profile
Tags as a Dimension
« on: October 07, 2011, 05:09:36 am »
It looks like Feng is moving to a cubing sort of model with the introduction of Dimensions in V2 - i.e. put all your data into the cube then use multi-dimensional filtering to "place" its position or relevance.

What then is the thinking behind making Tags non hierarchical and (more importantly) single select when filtering? If you can assign multiple tags to an object surely it makes sense to be able to select multiple tags when filtering?

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tags as a Dimension
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 12:32:55 pm »
Thanks for your inputs, but please keep in mind this still is a BETA version, so not everything will be kept as it is now. In fact, several changes will be done, along the bugfixes of course.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

robinmitra

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 02:25:33 pm »
Since FO is in RC stage, I would now be interested to know the answer to the original question. I have always wanted hierarchical tags and multiple tag selection, and this really makes sense as a feature considering the fact that it will actually allow filtering to be refined properly.

Please take this into consideration as you update FO, as I believe this should be at the core of any file organisation system, and this would be one of my favourite features.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 10:49:48 am »
This would be possible with the new structure. However, this would have to be left for the future as for the time being we are not making focus on this feature you mention.

Best regards,
Francisco

Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

robinmitra

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 03:43:58 pm »
Thanks for the info...I hope that this feature will be implemented in the future..