Author Topic: Feng Office 2.0 BETA 2 has been released!  (Read 15640 times)

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Feng Office 2.0 BETA 2 has been released!
« on: September 27, 2011, 12:43:25 pm »
We have just released Feng Office 2.0 BETA 2 version. Please look for it at Source Forge. :)

Please remember that you MAY NOT upgrade a 1.7.5 version to 2.0 BETA one, but you would have to create a brand new installation.

Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

Karl

• ICQ Messenger - 464979879
    • View Profile
Re: Feng Office 2.0 BETA 2 has been released!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 01:13:52 pm »
Please remember that you MAY NOT upgrade a 1.7.5 version to 2.0 BETA one...
Does this mean that it is possible to upgrade from 1.7.5 to 2.0 beta two?

Thanks,
Karl

P.S.:
I just read your message on bugtracker: "...Feng Office 2.0 BETA does not count with a script that allows you upgrading...".
Because of my lack of English I don't understand the "does not count ". What does it mean?

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 01:56:35 pm »
Hi Karl,

Actually no, you still cannot upgrade from 1.7.5 to 2.0. By one on this thread I was meaning to any BETA version in general. We look forward to having it of course, but it still has not been finished completely.

Best regards,
Francisco

PS: By does not count with a script to upgrade 1.7.5 to 2.0 BETA, it means that right now this upgrade cannot be done
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

fengy

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 06:09:10 am »
I have not tried Feng office 2.0 beta, but it is not clear for me: are the new workspace dimensions fixed to 'Customers' and 'Projects'?

Can I configure Feng Office with three dimensions for ex: 'Areas'(of interest), 'Projects', 'Contexts'?

What' s happening to tags? Are they removed?

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 12:05:40 pm »
We are still working on the dimensions, so that they can suit different organizations models.

Once we make the next release, there will be more details about this

Best regards,
Francisco

piraquive

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 10:33:19 pm »
Hi so nice to see the nrew version.

The problem is, I do not know where i can download de 2.0 Beta version.

Thanks.

brendonhatcher

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 06:38:05 pm »
Hi

I understand the technical reasons why 1.x to 2.x migrations or upgrades are not possible.

However, I am wondering how I'll ever make the transition.  I have many task templates, thousands of archived emails, hundreds of workspaces etc.

Do you have any advice for me?

Thanks
Brendon

zarathustra.at

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 09:26:48 am »
I think this only means a transition from 1.7.5 to 2.0 BETA won't be possible - this doesn't rule out a transition to the final version or a later beta...

brendonhatcher

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 11:01:48 am »
@zarathustra.at
Thanks for the clarification.

@developers
Can you confirm this?

Thanks
Brendon

mrmaxonline

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 09:54:56 am »
Clean installation.
All steps done.
Blank screen during login and following messages in Apache's error log:

[Thu Oct 20 16:51:17 2011] [error] [client X.X.X.X] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot access protected property Object::$created_by in /var/www/fo/application/models/ContentDataObject.class.php on line 218
[Thu Oct 20 16:51:21 2011] [error] [client X.X.X.X] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot access protected property Object::$created_by in /var/www/fo/application/models/ContentDataObject.class.php on line 218

gsdirk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 11:26:01 am »
Hi,
thanks for this brilliant piece of software. We have started using Feng Office Beta abobout 3 weeks ago and are in general very happy with it.

There are Obviously still some bugs like the email sending not working or replying to mails. THese System also seems quite slow...

Cen you please give me some update on your development roadmap? When do yu expect to have left the beta status? When are you hoping to have a final relese candidate?

THis would help us make a decision with regards to integrating this soloution for everyone.

Kind regards,

Georg

dgoker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 02:17:54 pm »
Could we please get any indication on how the work is progressing or some timeframe for the next release?

As I wrote in the Feng Office 2 forum, we are doubtful whether to start using 1.7.5 or 2.0beta2.

timveer

• Freshman
    • View Profile
A peak inside the dev's heads....
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 11:08:35 pm »
Francisco, Ignacio, Conrado & cabeza (& others)

I think you can help a big part of the community by a short post.

It'll be great when FO 2 is rolled-out, but in the meantime - will you be providing an upgrade path/route from 1.7.5 to 2.0?

Even if it takes an extra month or two, at least if we know we're not driving down a dead-end street, a lot of anxiety will be put to rest.

Thanks,
Tim

moorezilla

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 12:58:24 pm »
I could be reading that announcement wrong, but I think the devs are saying that there simply isn't an upgrade path from the current version to the 2.0 beta, not that there won't be an upgrade path from the current version to the 2.0 final release. I think they're just focusing on getting the 2.0 codebase ready right now and want people to provide comments and bug reports, rather than worrying about upgrading older installs to 2.0. Once the 2.0 version is stable, it's probably then easier to write the sql necessary to upgrade older releases to 2.0.

I'm just speculating, however...

timveer

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 02:56:34 pm »
Hey moorezilla,

Thanks for that. My thoughts as well.

From going through the forum, I found a number of questions on the subject with no definitive answer. It seems that FO forum is a little slow and I wonder if people are shying away, waiting until 2.0...

Tim

EDIT: for everyone wondering (myself included until 5 minutes ago), I just read on the Feng Blog:
Conrado says:
12/10/2011 at 9:51 pm

@Joseph: I wouldn’t recommend attempting a migration at this point. We will eventually release a migration script.

Now before we all start whining and whinging about "But Conrado WHEN....?", let's give them them space to get it out of beta.

I think this is a pretty firm commitment to supporting not only their paying customers (paying as in "OnSite or sky versions - let's not start yammering about "But this is supposed to be FOSS... bla bla blah") as well as those of use enjoying the Feng community version!

Good work Team Feng!
Tim
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 11:37:07 pm by timveer »