Author Topic: Feng Office 2.0 BETA 2 has been released!  (Read 15746 times)

skyer2000

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: Feng Office 2.0 BETA 2 has been released!
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 03:59:36 pm »
There would be much more activity if Feng Office were to get a Github account for all coding. It's not that difficult to setup at all and will really bring together the community allowing us to post changes and updates (which you can merge), instead of just having us email code changes.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2011, 12:07:54 pm »
Hey moorezilla,

Thanks for that. My thoughts as well.

From going through the forum, I found a number of questions on the subject with no definitive answer. It seems that FO forum is a little slow and I wonder if people are shying away, waiting until 2.0...

Tim

EDIT: for everyone wondering (myself included until 5 minutes ago), I just read on the Feng Blog:
Conrado says:
12/10/2011 at 9:51 pm

@Joseph: I wouldn’t recommend attempting a migration at this point. We will eventually release a migration script.

Now before we all start whining and whinging about "But Conrado WHEN....?", let's give them them space to get it out of beta.

I think this is a pretty firm commitment to supporting not only their paying customers (paying as in "OnSite or sky versions - let's not start yammering about "But this is supposed to be FOSS... bla bla blah") as well as those of use enjoying the Feng community version!

Good work Team Feng!
Tim

Thank you and moorezilla for your thoughts, that is more or less what it is going. We are still working on Feng 2 version, but we do not want to release a ton of versions with bugs and changes later on. The current version includes a lot of database changes, that is why we have yet to finish the migration script, but in the future one will be able to migrate from 1.7.5 to 2.0.
Trust me, no one else but us want this to happen ASAP, but it still is not ready, though we are getting closer.

@skyer2000:
There still are lots of changes going on, so it would be rather pointless, and either way, we honestly do not count with the time for this at the moment.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

luizsear

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 11:38:58 am »
Hei Francisco,

how about set to view only the content of one workspace, hiding the documents of the sub-workspace? I have a lot of sub-workspace, and my main workspace is now overloaded with a lot of documents.

I will post this on the Ideas forum too.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 12:05:31 pm by luizsear »

skyer2000

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 03:41:02 pm »
@skyer2000:
There still are lots of changes going on, so it would be rather pointless, and either way, we honestly do not count with the time for this at the moment.

I do not agree with that statement. We developers understand that by contributing code to a project there is the chance it will not be accepted (but we do it anyways, even if it's just for our own purposes). For you it's a complete win-win because you then run into the chance that a community developer comes up with better ideas than your team, that you can then just merge into the next version.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011, 08:13:05 am »
@skyer2000:

I do not agree with that statement. We developers understand that by contributing code to a project there is the chance it will not be accepted (but we do it anyways, even if it's just for our own purposes). For you it's a complete win-win because you then run into the chance that a community developer comes up with better ideas than your team, that you can then just merge into the next version.

I agree with you, sorry if I did not make myself sound clear.
Problem is that we are quite in a rush to finish the release for once and for all, and then once this happens, adding new features through plugins should be rather a piece of cake, so then yes, the Community will gain a lot of strength again.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

skyer2000

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2011, 01:43:17 pm »
I'm glad we're on the same page! And I'm looking forward to seeing Feng Office on github or something similar once you release the new version.

AssimTV

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2011, 09:52:50 am »
Hei Francisco,

how about set to view only the content of one workspace, hiding the documents of the sub-workspace? I have a lot of sub-workspace, and my main workspace is now confused with all the documents. For organizations with many documents its confused.

I will post this on the Ideas forum too.

Thank you.

Yes! I agree!

My main category is overloaded. I think we should just see the contents of the workspace that we are watching. I think it may already be included in next version of Feng Office.

Best regards
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 09:54:54 am by AssimTV »