Author Topic: What i did wrong?!  (Read 2268 times)

AssimTV

What i did wrong?!
« on: September 22, 2011, 06:08:13 pm »
I'm trying to make a backup, but that does not work!!

Look: last month I installed that plugin for backup, then i saved the file generated to my computer. I did the download of the sql from phpMyAdmin.

Now i need to make the restore. Ok, I extracted the generated file and uploaded to my server. Note: the folder "Config" and "tmp" did not come with the backup file. Is that right?

Then I created one database, then imported the file inside it.

But the problem is: when i access the Feng folder (the backed up folder), it ask me to install!

Why is this so hard? :'(

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What i did wrong?!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 12:23:29 pm »
Have you checked the documentation of the backup plugin or as to how to backup a Feng Office installtion at the wiki? In case you have not, go for it.

Regarding the installation, you do need a config a file pointing towards the database where your data is at, otherwise.. how would the system know where are they?

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

prickly

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: What i did wrong?!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 09:17:35 pm »
I wrote up my experiences using the backup plugin and backup scripts - i opted to go with scripts in the end as that was better for me:

pricklytech.wordpress.com/2011/06/26/ubuntu-server-10-4-lucid-installing-and-configuring-the-feng-office-backup-v1-0-plugin/

pricklytech.wordpress.com/i2011/06/26/ubuntu-server-10-4-lucid-backing-up-feng-office-1-7-4-community-edition/

I did not test the restore process from the plugin but I have tested the restore process with the scripted back up and that worked.