Author Topic: Feng Office 2.0 BETA has been released!  (Read 13387 times)

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Feng Office 2.0 BETA has been released!
« on: September 21, 2011, 10:16:55 am »
We indeed are very happy and proud of this release, even though it is only a BETA version right now.
I do not want to copy and paste information, so I will lead you all directly to the source:

Click here!

By the way, we are looking for volunteers to help translating it to different languages.
I know there already are 3 or 4, but the more the merrier :)

EDIT:

Please remember that you MAY NOT upgrade a 1.7.5 version to 2.0 BETA one, but you would have to create a brand new installation.

By the way, since we do know that Feng Office 2 is quite different from Feng Office 1, we have just created a new section in the forum for it

We have also released Feng Office 2.0 BETA 2 about a minute ago
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 04:00:32 pm by franponce87 »
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

e1th0r

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Feng Office 2.0 BETA has been released!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 12:10:33 pm »
Hi, I would like test the beta version, but your link doesn't work so, where is the rigth address to download the beta version?

BTW, I would like, help with translation to spanish.

Best regards.

Karl

• ICQ Messenger - 464979879
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 01:20:43 pm »
..., but your link doesn't work ...

The link works. Just scroll down on the blog to this line:
Ah! To download (and remember this is a Beta release… so no production installations please!) follow this link.

e1th0r

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 01:55:50 pm »
Ready... its browser problem. My browser its in spanish, so, the link address to me to spanish blog page.

Using english browser works perfectly, spanish browsers not.

BTW, could you make a spanish post about this ?

Best Regards

dabrowski

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 03:59:27 pm »
So where do we go with questions, like what's a context and how do you add it?

shmuelios

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 08:51:54 am »
I can not get the upgrade to work from 1.7.5 due to missing table

I have submitted a bug report if you require any more info I will try and reply promptly for testing.

Thanks
Sam

mrmaxonline

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 11:33:19 am »
Clean installation not working.

cache/log.php:

<?php die(); ?>
Session "default" started at 2011-09-23T14:27:42+0000
#1 ERROR: Error: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in '/var/www/fo/environment/classes/AutoLoader.class.php' on line 206 (error code: 2)
#2 ERROR: Error: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in '/var/www/fo/environment/classes/AutoLoader.class.php' on line 206 (error code: 2)
#3 ERROR: Error: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in '/var/www/fo/environment/classes/AutoLoader.class.php' on line 206 (error code: 2)
#4 ERROR: Error: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in '/var/www/fo/environment/classes/AutoLoader.class.php' on line 206 (error code: 2)

http log file:
[Fri Sep 23 18:27:42 2011] [error] [client 81.200.20.154] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot access protected property Object::$created_by in /var/www/fo/application/models/ContentDataObject.class.php on line 218

And clean white screen in browser

AssimTV

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 04:06:38 pm »
Install ok, but after stuck with the blank screen... ???

Karl

• ICQ Messenger - 464979879
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 06:24:24 am »
@franponce87:

I can not get the upgrade to work from 1.7.5 due to missing table

I have submitted a bug report if you require any more info I will try and reply promptly for testing.

Thanks
Sam

Dear Francisco,

regarding this bug report: http://www.fengoffice.com/web/bugs/view.php?id=3779

Could you just tell us the type of the table 'teamwork.fo_amounts', so we could just create it manually?

Thank you,
Karl

krashnik

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • HardMagic Publishing
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 02:36:38 am »
Well, I downloaded the beta and I see some very serious problems.

As a developer, I have integrated FengOffice into many different applications. For myself & for other companies.  The new version changes the core structure of the User table.  It combines the feng_users table with the feng_contacts table. 

Thus, upgrading will be very difficult.  Sure - you have your script to update from 1.7.5- 2.0 - however, you don't take into account how many companies, like ours, further extend the functionality of Feng by integrating it into 3rd party programs. 

Moves like this really deter large businesses from cooperating with your scheme and shows how few partners are involved on this program.  A core architecture should never change the name of high priority tables.  Look at wordpress.... everything is in wp_users table for the users & then plugins, additions, and future upgrades do not change this table.

There are a few protocols that need to be followed for how an open source program should run, and I don't feel the few developers of FO are taking into consideration the rest of the community's ability to develop & contribute.

Now - instead of being able to contribute to 2.0 & add plugins, I will have to go back through over 6,000 lines of code and change our customizations, just so they will be compatible with version 2.0.

And with this lack of integrity in the program, I wouldn't be surprised if in 2012 or 2013 you change the architecture of the core files again.  It is naive decisions like these that have slowed the progress of this program.  I hope enough developers speak up and join me on this issue so we may streamline our work and actually tackle important issues instead of trying to play catch-up with solo developers who neglect the majority.
Owner of HardMagic Publishing

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 02:21:04 pm »
@e1th0r: Thanks a lot for wanting to help with the Spanish translation, but that one is already covered by us, so no need to worry :)

@dabrowski: I have already created a new section in the forum for these kind of questions. By the way, 'context' basically means the location. We know it is not clear so we will be changing some wording here.

@shmuelios: Indeed. Upgrading from 1.7.5 to 2.0 BETA version is not possible yet

@mrmaxonline/AssimTV: Have you moved the folders after installing it or alike? Have you tried deleting the autoloader.php file? It will be regenerated later on.

@Karl: I have just answered that ticket. Thanks for bringing it up.

@krashnik: I personally have not taken part in creating Feng Office 2 architecture, nor its development yet, so I am not so aware of these changes you mention. Either way, I do understand your concern, however, I believe that they have been done in order to improve the ability of integrating 3rd party applications as well as plugins to Feng Office.
Those who have developed on Feng Office 1 version must have had headaches when thinking about plugins and such, but this is one of the main advantages Feng Office 2 counts with: Plugins Support. But in order to achieve this, changes have been done to its core.

Thanks everyone for your feedback
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 03:59:13 pm by franponce87 »
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 11:39:54 pm »
@Everyone, Thanks for the feedback! And sorry for the bugs.  :-[

@Karl, thanks for waiting and helping throughout all this past year! I hope Feng 2.0 serves you well! :D

@krashnik, Even though you bring some 'interesting' topics, I am holding a more thorough reply to you because they are embedded in a lot of unfounded accusations and negative criticism. And that is not the way we like to communicate. I hope you understand that.

I also hope you understand that Feng 2.0 has been built to provide a better basis to future improvements, and that keeping a lot of the original 'bad design' was going to be a lot of work for future developments, and a bloat for the system.

At some point, we all have to compromise.

Please, try to be more constructive and positive on future posts, so that we can engage in better communication.

Cheers!
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

fcoauga

• www.augadaterra.org
    • View Profile
    • Auga da Terra
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 06:33:35 pm »
Ready... its browser problem. My browser its in spanish, so, the link address to me to spanish blog page.

Using english browser works perfectly, spanish browsers not.

BTW, could you make a spanish post about this ?

Best Regards

... and it is imposible download it

where is it? please submit a correct link for all the world!!
-----
Testing Opengoo:
 external server with PHP 5.1.6 & MySQL 5.0.45
 locally server with PHP 5.2.0 & MySQL 5.0.27
Viewed with Mozilla 3.0.1 & Opera 9.60

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2011, 12:04:20 pm »

Ah! To download (and remember this is a Beta release… so no production installations please!) follow this link.

fcoauga

• www.augadaterra.org
    • View Profile
    • Auga da Terra
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2011, 10:17:59 am »
Is this a reply to my post? You could show a bit more interest on the comunity members.

Neither scrolling nor finding there is a link to download in the page showed to me in that link!!

-----
Testing Opengoo:
 external server with PHP 5.1.6 & MySQL 5.0.45
 locally server with PHP 5.2.0 & MySQL 5.0.27
Viewed with Mozilla 3.0.1 & Opera 9.60