Author Topic: Assigning a unique number to each workspace  (Read 3650 times)

TimBowman

• View Profile
    • Email
Assigning a unique number to each workspace
« on: August 17, 2011, 03:30:47 pm »
Is it currently possible to have Feng Office assign unique numbers to each workspace for the sake of tracking jobs? We intend to use Feng Office to track our publications through our communications office and need to assign a number to each publication. Having Feng assign unique ID numbers to each workspace as they are generated would help quite a bit.
Thanks.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Assigning a unique number to each workspace
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 11:38:46 am »
Uhm.. workspaces do have unique ids if you check their tables on the database.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

TimBowman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 12:04:31 pm »
Thanks for the reply, Francisco. We are very new to this and do not understand your instructions when you say to "check their tables on the database". Could you please perhaps link us to instructions on how to do that?
Also, for the sake of use within the office, would that unique number for each workspace be visible on the dashboard along with the workspace name?
Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 12:09:23 pm by TimBowman »

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 03:14:24 pm »
Hello Tim. My bad if I sounded rude on my previous post, it was not my intention at all. Sorry that I did not notice you were new in here, so.. welcome! :)

If you would like to see the id of the workspace, I do know some users have created a tweak in the code to see it. I am sure you would be able to find it in the Development section or using the Search engine in the forum.

Best regards!
Francisco

Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

TimBowman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 03:18:28 pm »
I did not think that at all. But thank you for being considerate and clarifying. It's not a problem.

So what you are saying is that the unique number for each WS is not readily available, but needs extra back-door coding to even see it. Is that correct?

What about the possibility that the generated numbers could be displayed on the dashboard on a regular basis for everyone in a department to see at any given time? More coding?

krashnik

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • HardMagic Publishing
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 03:16:58 am »
Each project already comes with its own Workspace ID.  To access this, you will want to use the following code:

Code: [Select]
echo clean(active_project()->getId());
I would recommend finding line 36-39 in /application/views/dashboard/index.php
Look for this:

if(active_project() instanceof Project)
echo clean(active_project()->getName());
else
echo lang('all projects');

And change to this:

if(active_project() instanceof Project)
echo clean(active_project()->getName()). ' - ' .clean(active_project()->getId());
else
echo lang('all projects');
Owner of HardMagic Publishing

TimBowman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 12:22:00 pm »
We are not capable of doing any coding. We just wanted to know if a unique number could be assigned to each workspace that could be seen on the dashboard in its own column and available to any employee that looked at that job. Does anyone know if this might become a regular part of Feng Office? Or would it have to go through some sort of coding process?

Please consider this an official request to anyone capable of making it happen.
Thanks!