Author Topic: un-subsribe admin from emails?  (Read 1944 times)

peterthimaging

• Freshman
    • View Profile
un-subsribe admin from emails?
« on: August 11, 2011, 09:19:39 pm »
great software, just learning it and hoping to contribute via tutorials once i do.

something odd is coming up, hopefully its just me not knowing the settings...

when i send an email, the admin use get automatically subscribed to it!
i notice then when i go to Administration>email it shows 2 users on all account (i assume admin is default one)...so he would then be auto-subscribed?

how to get around this? at the moment admin receives an email every time i post a comment on an email.

thanks!

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: un-subsribe admin from emails?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 11:09:18 am »
Hello Peter, welcome to Feng Office Forums!

It would be great if you could help writing some tutorials! Please feel free to post them here once you do them, and you may also drop an email to contact@fengoffice.com

Regarding the issue you mention, it seems to be because the Admin has created your email account. In order not to have him allowed there, the email account should be edited, and the permissions there should be changed.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

peterthimaging

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 01:12:02 pm »
thanks!

ok, i think i got it then. had to delete the email accounts and create new ones from within the user.
so this means that if a user creates an email account for another user then he is automatically subscribed to all activity, no way to change?

per the tutorials:
i noticed in the wiki alot of info is missing that i was able to track down via google. what would the process for me to help edit the wiki?
also videos, do you already have a youtube account for example?

[edit]
i am correspondence with Hernán and Nicolás about contributing
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 03:12:46 pm by peterthimaging »

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 08:41:42 pm »
Hi Peter, in order to do that, you would have to do as I told you before:
Edit the email account permissions (by editing the account itself) and then take away the permissions from the email account creator.

As to the tutorials, you are right. The wiki is greatly outdated right now... It would be great if we had more help with it by Community users.. that is why it is a Wiki on the first place hah. In order to edit it, you would need to sign up, and simply edit it as any wiki document. You should find more info about this in there.

Regarding videos, we do have a YT account named fengoffice, but there barely are videos in there as we have not had the time yet to create and upload new ones.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

peterthimaging

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 10:06:08 pm »
ok, yes getting the idea there!

i didnt see before the link to register on the wiki. ive done so and hopefully will add some nice content there!

ill let someone know later whenever i get some videos ready.

thanks!