Author Topic: question about task IDs and helpdesk  (Read 2830 times)

williwau

• View Profile
question about task IDs and helpdesk
« on: August 09, 2011, 03:46:46 am »
Hi all,

first I want to mention that I was months looking for an open source project management system. Fengoffice gets unfortunately by far not the attention it deserves! Actually it was a discussion in a forum which led me to fengoffice. It was easy to install and from the very first moment I was excited about features, concept and excellent usability.

So this is the first (but not the last time) I have some questions:

1) Task-IDs: I inspected the unique IDs of tasks being generated and realized the IDs being in the format ta### (e.g. ta054). As tasks are a fundamental concept of fengoffice - will I run out of tasks when touching ta999? (Thanks a lot for any answer).

2) The only feature I'm currently missing is a helpdesk. A helpdesk could be set up using tasks (and a custom status) but in that case the task ID should be better visible and integrated in generated e-mail correspondence

3) a manual choice of columns in list views would be great

Thanks a lot!

Williwau

(from austria)

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: question about task IDs and helpdesk
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 11:18:09 am »
Welcome to Feng Office Forums Williwau!

Glad you have liked the application!

1- No, you can create all the tasks you want.
2 & 3 - At the time being this is not possible. May be in the near future -but not too close- some changes with this get done.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

williwau

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 12:48:08 pm »
Hi Francisco,

thanks for your replies!

have a nice day

Williwau

supadoctor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 02:41:14 am »
2) The only feature I'm currently missing is a helpdesk. A helpdesk could be set up using tasks (and a custom status) but in that case the task ID should be better visible and integrated in generated e-mail correspondence

You can always can make some hack in notifier class (Notifier.class.php) by removing comments from line //$properties['unique id'] = $uid;