Author Topic: No "Getting Started" when I double-click Overview button.  (Read 3723 times)

markc

• Freshman
    • View Profile
No "Getting Started" when I double-click Overview button.
« on: July 29, 2011, 04:54:22 pm »
I have a test feng site and a production feng site which are both @ v1.7.5.

On the test site (which was a recent clean install), I get the "Getting Started" page and I can Close it. It says to double-click Overview to get it back. This works.

On the production site (which was manually upgraded from 1.7.2) no one gets the "Getting Started" page even though it is set as the default user preference (enable). When I double click Overview it just says 'Loading...' for a second and then nothing happens.

What I know so far:
-It is the same in Firefox and IE for both FO admins and regular users.
-I do not get an error in-browser (even if I turn on debug) and I get nothing in ./cache/log.php.
-There is no difference in behavior if "./application/views/dashboard/widget_getting_started.php" is chmod 000 or 777 so I put it back to what it was (644).
-If that same file is missing I do get major errors when I double-click Overview.
-The entire fengoffice install is owned by the same user running apache.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for any assistance,
Mark

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: No "Getting Started" when I double-click Overview button.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 07:43:51 pm »
Hi Mark,

Have you checked if the users had enabled the show getting started widget? Because at times the "Default User Preferences" can be tricky!

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

markc

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 04:39:56 pm »
Thank you for that idea.

The Default User Preference under General is set to Yes for showing the Getting Started Widget.

Also my account is in the Admin group and it is set to Yes in my own preferences and when I double click Overview still nothing happens.

Any other ideas?

Thank you,
Mark

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 12:31:36 pm »
Hi Mark,

I am sorry, I have just realised that you have already checked for the default user preferences.

As to the problem itself, have you checked the log.php file for further details about this issue?

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

markc

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 01:45:33 pm »
As I'd mentioned before there is nothing coming up in log.php and the browser gives no error even with debug turned on.

Thank you,
Mark

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 10:18:59 am »
Hi Mark, sorry once again about that. I missed that in my reading on my rush to reply as much as I could in the short time I count with to be in the forums.

By the way, by the 'Getting started' do you mean the Wizard? If so, it is because the wizard remains for a user until a new workspace gets created. May be in the new installation you have not created any yet, so that is why you still see it.

Best regards,
Francisco

markc

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 12:35:29 pm »
Oh...heh.

I suppose I hadn't really paid attention to what the wizard was used for. I assumed it was a greeting that all new users were supposed to get, but that doesn't look to be the case.

It looks like you were right in your last post, although I did find a minor bug.

If you have the Wizard open and use it to create and save a Workspace, but then hit the green "Close" button before doing anything else with the Wizard, then double clicking Overview after that will give an error popup up top that says:  "Error: this.dom.parentNode is null". This is certainly not of high importance to me but I thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for your help!

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 03:39:14 pm »
No problem hehe.
By the way, thanks for your inputs!

Best regards,
Francisco