Author Topic: remembering the path when linking files  (Read 2741 times)

icfw

• View Profile
remembering the path when linking files
« on: July 28, 2011, 06:05:17 pm »
Dear Administrator,

one very nice feature that would be very helpful in the Feng Office is for the script to remember the path/location (i.e. workspace & Module selected i.e. documents) when linking objects within the feng office multiple times, one after the other.

Need:
when there are several files located in the same workspace.

At the present time, the user needs to always start from the "All" workspaces and then keep selecting the workspace needed until the file/workspace is found.

Please consider this feature for the next Feng Office releases.

Thank you.
.Mirsad

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: remembering the path when linking files
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 11:43:40 am »
Not really, there already is an option to set your starting workspace when you log in. Look for it at the account settings!

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

icfw

• View Profile
Re: remembering the path when linking files
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 04:54:25 pm »
Dear Administrator,

I believe that I have not communicated my message well enough.

What the problem is, is not what workspace is being selected upon logging in. That is not the topic of this posting at all.

The issue that I was trying to describe is the following:

1. we are working with the Notes module, we have created a Note, and now we wish to link other objects to this Note.
2. Let us say, that we have 10 objects ready to be linked to the note we are working with, and that all 10 objects are located someplace else within the Feng Office but all 10 objects are located in the same workspace.
3. We click on the 'Link Objects' link and now we have to find the objects to be linked
4. if all objects are located in the one workspace, after linking one object, and coming back (clicking on ''Link Objects" link) again, it would be nice if the script remembered the last location from where we have linked the previous object. This is not the case at the present time.

Would it be possible to implement this feature in the upcoming versions?

Thanks.
.Mirsad
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 04:58:12 pm by icfw »