Author Topic: Massive date/time(zone?) issues, ideas???  (Read 2500 times)

hazey11

• View Profile
Massive date/time(zone?) issues, ideas???
« on: July 15, 2011, 10:52:22 pm »
Hey Everyone,

So we've been using feng office for a while now, it's ALWAYS had incorrect times when related to printing tasks (it would show the correct date when viewing tasks, but hit the print button and that would be -1 day). This was a pain because we use that to print to PDF for our clients to get a timeframe, but we ended up getting around it with the reporting tools.

NOW the problem is even worse, we upgraded to 1.7.5 and i'm not sure when this occured but we just noticed EVERYTHING now has the time shown incorrectly. When we login the overview shows I logged in tomorrow (GMT + 15 or my time zone +23 hours [PST]). I've tried everything I could find - changing the timezone for my user in every which way and I just can't get it right. Now it's to the point where it's a major problem as it confuses the hell out of everyone and is literally driving me crazy.

I've looked ALL throughout google and the forums and can't find anything, I see many other people having this issue but all I see in reply is "this will be fixed in the next version" which has been said throughout 2011, and each version doesn't fix it - as I said it seems to be WAY worse now then ever. Is it possible this is a server side issue? The server it's on has its timezone set to PST, but i'm wondering if it could be a php issue with default_timezone_set or whatever function that was not being declared as I seem to have this problem in other areas and fix it with that function. Is there a place I can set the feng office timezone manually?

I'd really appreciate any ideas and help you guys have, I'm very experienced across the board so can follow just about anything - just driving me crazy feeling like I've ran in a circle and, being a circle, havent gotten anywhere :P Thanks a lot!

hazey11

• View Profile
Re: Massive date/time(zone?) issues, ideas???
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 10:54:45 pm »
Also note: under the tasks tab and the calendar seem to be fine (showing correct dates) however the places I've noticed being incorrect thus far:

- Calendar sync with Google, one day off
- Overview page +23 hours (GMT+15 somehow)
- Task list "Print" function is one day off

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Massive date/time(zone?) issues, ideas???
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 03:13:53 pm »

I've looked ALL throughout google and the forums and can't find anything, I see many other people having this issue but all I see in reply is "this will be fixed in the next version" which has been said throughout 2011, and each version doesn't fix it - as I said it seems to be WAY worse now then ever.

Not sure where have you looked for as I do not remember this problem being pointed out much if at all, and in case it was, it usually was a server side issue.

We have not experienced this issue at all so far, so you should check your server settings as well as the og_users table and check what GMT do the users have.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!