Author Topic: Domain Problem  (Read 2149 times)

frantic912

• View Profile
    • Email
Domain Problem
« on: June 30, 2011, 01:16:51 pm »
hello, i have problem with my opengoo....i already install the latest opengoo on my private server which already have Domain (ex : mydomain.net.my)...i test running (localhost/opengoo) and it works...all function

i test from another pc using domain (ex : mydomain.net.my/opengoo), it not work...it stated there "installation error : must have PHP5 bla bla bla...."..my php already ver. 5.3.0...if i running another web app from same server (ex : mydomain.net.my/myapp) it still working..

if i change that domain to ip address (ex : 10.45.23.56/opengoo) , opengoo running normal...

the problem now how to declare domain on that opengoo because other system running normal when using domain...??

pls someone help me.... ???

BoogieElAceitoso

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: Domain Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 01:10:46 am »
Hi,

I am not sure I understand your problem correctly (and I am still a Feng noobie), but maybe this helps:

Make sure you are using the same value in you url and in you config file (in Feng´s config directory).
What I mean is if you are accessing "http:://mydomain.net.my/opengoo" from your remote hosts you might need to replace "localhost" with "mydomain.net.my" in the config.php file located in Feng´s "config/" directory.

Also, depending on your overall network set up (i.e. no local DNS server), you *might* need to add an entry in your clients' "hosts" file to point the domain you are using to your server´s IP.
Such an entry would look like this...

10.45.23.56       mydomain.net.my

Assuming your clients are running Windows 32 bits you will find the hosts file in "C.\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts"

Hope this helps

Boogie

frantic912

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 10:11:38 pm »
thanks..that really help....my problem solve...thanks mate...

BoogieElAceitoso

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 07:58:36 pm »
Glad ir helped  ;)