Author Topic: Calendar Subscriptions  (Read 2479 times)

CheezItMan

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Calendar Subscriptions
« on: April 20, 2011, 01:38:23 am »

Would it be possible to use Caldav or another calendar format to subscribe and manage another iCal standard calendar via Feng Office Calendar.

Or provide a subscription option so I could manage a Feng Office Calendar in iCal?

The1stImmortal

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Calendar Subscriptions
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 06:40:15 pm »
(Sorry to resurrect an older post!)

I second this one - we're using SOGo (aka "Scalable OpenGroupware") as our backend for Mail/Calendar/Contacts because of it's ease of integration with LDAP, our setup permits auto-provisioning, and because it already supports integration with Macs native software, Thunderbird on anything, iPad/Phone/Pod devices, and anything that runs Funambol/SyncML client or can talk to CalDav/CardDav/IMAP as clients. There's other software in similar roles - like Zimbra, Kerio, the Mac Server software, DAViCal, Citadel, etc.

It would potentially make more sense to leverage existing software in this regard and permit FengOffice to utilize CalDav and CardDav, or a SyncML store, as a backend for calendar and contact (and Note, in the case of SyncML) data, giving "Free" interoperability with any existing evironments and "free" interoperability with other calendar/contacts clients.

This is already the strategy in the case of email, where FengOffice relies on an external POP3/IMAP server to handle what it does best and FengOffice can focus on integration of the frontend with other components.

I would even be interested in looking into sponsoring such a feature, were it something the developers considered reasonable to implement.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 06:56:44 pm by The1stImmortal »