Author Topic: The document repository is out  (Read 3392 times)

projectware

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
The document repository is out
« on: November 07, 2011, 07:26:34 pm »
I need help.

I have problems to open the documents.

When I click the jpg file I don't see it and when I download I have error and I see this message:

L'immagine projectware.eu/share/index.php?c=files&a=download_file&id=125 non può essere visualizzata poiché contiene degli errori.

The image have errors. I don't see also the jpg image in html documents created oline.

I cannot download PDF file and the zip file downloaded are corrupted.

Can I restore my file? This problem is really big.

I wait your help.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The document repository is out
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 01:23:21 pm »
This seems to be a problem with your filesystem. Have you done any changes to the server settings that may have caused this? Actually.. where do you store files? At the SQL db or filesystem? We suggest the latest.
Regarding whether if you can restore or not the files, there is a chance there are no problems with them.. but in case there are, you should look for a previous backup.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

projectware

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 01:52:19 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

My file is stored in filesystem.

I haven't a regular backup of the installation. I testing the application. It isn't in production, but I have the important example inside and I need the filesystem.

I cannot believe to restore filesystem is impossible and it is possible only to restore an old backup. This is a serious problem for the application in general. The file in filesystem are coded name and I cannot know what is its name.

Also in the db I cannot know the relation between the file names and the db file names.

I think the solution of my problem is very important for all your users. Losing the documents in one time is the maximum problem possible for an application like Feng Office.

supadoctor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 03:39:32 am »
Also in the db I cannot know the relation between the file names and the db file names.

Pls, read this thread: http://forums.fengoffice.com/index.php?topic=5383.msg19446#msg19446

projectware

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 10:47:38 am »
OK. So I can recover my file. Thanks.

But, now I am afraid to use Feng Office If there are the risks for my  file system.

The JPG have errors, PDF and ZIP are downloaded corrupted.

I think I need a better information.

This is not a bug, but a core problem!!! How I can know the true problem of my corrupted file system?

If I update my installation, can I recover my file system?