Author Topic: Database empty in Backup file  (Read 4493 times)

ksorbo

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Database empty in Backup file
« on: April 10, 2009, 11:50:11 am »
Using OG 1.3.1

Just ran the backup twice. In both cases the db.sql file was 0 length.  :'(

All the other files appear to have backuped properly. Sadly, the database base is the primary reason for a backup.

Could it have anything to do with folder permissions? My folder permissions all passed on install

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Database empty in Backup file
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 12:32:01 pm »
Have you defined the MYSQLDUMP_COMMAND contant? This contant tells OpenGoo where to find the mysqldump command. You can define it by editing file 'config/config.php'. On linux, giving it a value of 'mysqldump' will usually suffice, but you may need to give it the full path, like this:
Code: [Select]
define('MYSQLDUMP_COMMAND', '/usr/bin/mysqldump');
On windows you have to define it like this (but with the correct path in your server):
Code: [Select]
define('MYSQLDUMP_COMMAND', '"c:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin\mysqldump"');(note the double quotes on the path)

ksorbo

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 09:59:47 pm »
I made the change to the config file as you suggeste. (I tested the program path and mysqldump is there and works)

I tested to see if exec would work and it appears to work.

Still an empty $db.sql file.

Is the the same reason my calendar export results in an empty file as well?

ksorbo

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 10:08:46 pm »
I wonder if the problems is that my mysql password contains some non-letter characters, e.g. / and }.

My cpanel insists on generating passwords which include symbols. If the password strength is not high enough it will not allow that password.

Perhaps the password in the backup command needs to quoted.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 12:30:50 pm »
Have you tried quoting the password in the command? Did it work? Or can you try using another user with a simpler password, just to test it? I have tried using this password and it worked fine: {/a}