Author Topic: Revisions autocreation for documents updates  (Read 2446 times)

jpj-bordeaux

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Revisions autocreation for documents updates
« on: May 31, 2011, 10:49:51 am »
Hi,
new to Feng, It seems that every time I update a document inside Feng Office (.html documents), clicking on save, a new revision is created. In fact it seems to me it does the same as clicking on "create new revision". Is it normal ?
Is there a way to avoid that auto creation of a revision ?
I think it could increase the size of the db with a lot of useless revisions.
Thanks a lot.

moorezilla

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Revisions autocreation for documents updates
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 12:05:12 pm »
I could be mistaken, but I think this is how Feng is designed to work. Having all those available revisions, I'm guessing, allows you to rollback to an earlier version in the event that someone (if it's a shared document) does something unwanted.

jpj-bordeaux

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 12:10:19 pm »
When you upload a document, you have the option to keep the old one, I expected the same in that case. Moreover I don't see the difference between clicking on "save" and "new revision".

jpj-bordeaux

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 10:19:43 am »
I have found a solution: in the file application/views/files/add_document.php, line 26 and 35, I put the value of the field new_revision_document to blank instead of "checked". So a new revision is created only when I click on the intended button, which is more logical to me.

Is there a way to modify this behavior without modifying the code that could be replaced when updating the sources ?