Author Topic: Parent workspace show sub workspace content  (Read 5262 times)

fisher,Chen

• View Profile
    • Email
Parent workspace show sub workspace content
« on: April 09, 2009, 04:01:59 am »
When parent workspace was clicked,  all documents (include sub-workspace documents) are listed ,

Can it work similar with folder which only list out files in parent folder?

thanks

smiek

• View Profile
Re: Parent workspace show sub workspace content
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 07:02:48 am »
Hi,
have you tried to solve your problem another way i.e. by adding more subworkspaces? I think most users (including me) like the way it works now...
Best wishes...

bountonw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 06:24:53 am »
I agree with both comments.  It is nice to have an overview of sub-workspace content, but at the same time it would be nice (sometimes) to be able to only view the content of the parent workspace. 

I imagine an icon next to the "refresh the view" icon that would enable/disable the viewing of sub-workspace content.

Gunderstorm

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 12:31:26 pm »
One thing I don't understand is why sub-workspaces do not get checked by default when adding permissions.

It's mind-bogglingly tedious to check every single box for someone who will be assigning tasks to others.

bountonw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 10:34:27 pm »
Regarding permissions, I would not want sub-workspaces to automatically inherit the permissions of their mother workspace.  The option might be nice, but making it automatic would not be helpful to our organization.

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 11:15:30 pm »
A "select all/select none" option might help here, especially with a lot of sub-workspaces.
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

rportinga

• View Profile
    • Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 03:13:54 pm »
One thing I don't understand is why sub-workspaces do not get checked by default when adding permissions.

It's mind-bogglingly tedious to check every single box for someone who will be assigning tasks to others.

It's been a bit since I've added someone, but isn't there an option for applying the settings of the workspace to all child spaces?
Rob Portinga
Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 07:32:33 pm »
Hi,

Yes, there is a link that reads "Apply these permissions to all subworkspaces" that when clicked will copy the permissions for the current workspace to all sub-workspaces.

JimmyBoy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 07:17:40 pm »
I too think it would be nice to be able to have a toggle switch that would allow you to view current workspace + all sub-workspace content or just the current workspace's content.