Author Topic: Repeating task with settings  (Read 2904 times)

dabrowski

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Repeating task with settings
« on: May 23, 2011, 08:47:14 am »
I saw an ooold discussion asking for repeating tasks, which are supported, but we can't set a task as the third Thursday of the month or by date of the month, etc.

Is there a way to do this, or is it an option that is planned?

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Repeating task with settings
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 12:37:06 pm »
Go to 'Tasks' tab, click on New > New Task.. and when the form appears, click on 'Repeating task' and then customize it as you wish to.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

dabrowski

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 12:48:11 pm »
Thanks.

But I'm looking for the added functionality of repeating every third thursday or something to that effect as well.

The only options I have are to repeat by the actual date. If I want something to happen every month and use a numeric date, it could fall on a weekend. I'd rather be able to set it based on other rules.

mmccarn

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 07:44:59 am »
This is unhelpful, I know - but lack of this feature is what derailed feng office use at my organization.

I needed to schedule monthly and quarterly tasks - first thursday of the month, first wednesday of the first month of each quarter - and couldn't.

dabrowski

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 08:41:41 am »
I think it's helpful. They need to know what people like and don't like. We have been using it extensively, but still rely heavily on another calendar.

But in addition to the above comments, I'd like to repeat a task every day except Sat/Sun. It might seem like an easy issue to ignore, but having those tasks show up just adds clutter.

hernan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 04:50:50 pm »
Hi everybody,

We are constantly developing more features and improving Feng Office collaborative platform. Hence, we are able to implement it as a custom feature. This kind of service is given to our subscribed users. This is the best way we can ensure compatibility with future versions and  immediate support and  access to the Feng Office development team.

Services' revenue is the major contribution to keep ongoing development of the Feng Office Community edition.

Let me suggest the Feng Onsite version.

Best wishes,