Author Topic: Email with attachment dropped sometimes  (Read 2117 times)

elmar71

• View Profile
Email with attachment dropped sometimes
« on: May 18, 2011, 06:56:44 am »
Hello community,

we are in the process of slowly introducing FENG for us.
We have an internal email server and we set up FENG to receive a single IMAP inbox for each user. This works most of the time, but certain types of emails will not show up like this:
1. Switch to Email Tab
2. Push Receive Emails Button
3. The Dialog Shows: 1 new email
but the email won't show up in Feng - if we press Receive again, the email will be no longer seen as new by Feng. I wasn't able to identify what is the source for the problem, it does not seem to be directly related to the number of attachments nor their size.
I also looked into the code and added some debug statements, but it doesn't get me any further as well.

If someone has similar problems: I would love to help identifying the problem, maybe someone can point me in the right direction.
Or somehand already identified what type of Emails causing this problem?

thanks a lot
/Elmar

icfw

• View Profile
Re: Email with attachment dropped sometimes
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 10:16:56 pm »
one common confusion we had in the past was that we have classified the incoming emails to a specific workspace. In order to see emails (present/old) the user needs to be in the same workspace, otherwise, no emails will be shown.

elmar71

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 04:54:43 am »
thanks, that's a good point

I always thought I didn't took advantage of classifying my emails automatically - but Feng might have decided that for me ;-)

So: I will simply look in the database and see if the emails have been saved there and to what workspace they have been assigned ...

elmar71

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 12:44:25 pm »
wow .. life could have been so easy.
Feng looked at the Status, From and To ...

In my Email client I simply moved an existing message to the inbox that is monitored by Feng, but the emails keeps their status: new, draft, sent.... so it does not show up in the inbox in Feng necessarily, but accordingly in the Sent and Drafts folder in Feng as well..