Author Topic: LDAP support?  (Read 2526 times)

cosmosdeng

• View Profile
LDAP support?
« on: May 11, 2011, 12:59:06 am »
Hi, we are trying to implement Feng Office 1.7.4 in our company. We've installed it on a server and everything seems very promising and happy------except for one thing, Feng is not working too great with our LDAP server (a mac rack server). The LDAP should be free of trouble, with around 200 people in the office all login in from it.
After searching through this forum, I found old posts about this issue, though progress from official development team is somewhat missing...

Is there any proven work around tip for 1.7.4 that people should know about? Or the problem will be solved with an updated version?

Thanks!

markc

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: LDAP support?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 04:11:52 pm »
I have the LDAP in use so I could take a stab at helping. First though I think more information is needed; I don't see any real details in your post as to what problem you're having with the LDAP implementation. Can people not log in?

cosmosdeng

• View Profile
Re: LDAP support?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 11:00:18 pm »
Thanks markc. We've solved the problem.
It seem when Feng looks up the new user at first log in, it will look for Name, password and email address on the LDAP server, if any of these three is missing, Feng won't recognize the user, neither will it be added to Feng database.

Apparently we dont have the email address info included in the LDAP. After we add this, everything works like a charm.