Author Topic: Deep Linking Documents - Wiki style - Bounty offered  (Read 2916 times)

max

• View Profile
Deep Linking Documents - Wiki style - Bounty offered
« on: April 01, 2009, 06:41:54 pm »
Hey, perhaps this feature tdea could be something that i could sponsor the development of: Bounty coders, take note!

I'm slightly frustrated because the excellent document editor doesn't allow me to make interlinked documents. Or does it?

What I'd like to do:

* see a document full-screen, or almost full screen, to read it. The action/Properties/comments panels etc. that surround the document view make the document window so small. They should be foldable, or at least the document window should automatically scale (vertically) to fill the remaining space. As it stands now, you get a better view of your document if you edit it, because then all these panels are out of the way... but of course, in edit mode, links don't work. (By the way, the document is styled differently in edit mode and in view mode - at least I get serif typefaces in view where the editor shows sans.)

* be able to link to another document. This should be obvious.
However AFAIK it's not possible at the moment, there's only an option to download the HTML document. Not to view it.

I'd like to suggest two different modes of viewing, which could probably be implemented as actions in the files application:

http://myhost.com/index.php?c=files&a=get_document&id=x would simply serve the file as if it were an HTML file on the web server, effectively making the documents editor a real web server.

http://myhost.com/index.php?c=files&a=view_document&id=x would serve the file as if it were an HTML file on the web server, but retain the Goo interface frames (workspace, application buttons, etc) around it. Preferrably with the actions ("Edit this page") in a corner. This would make the content editor a basic wiki system.

and now if you also added a feature to call pages by their names instead of their IDs, that would almost be a real wiki system, wouldn't it? It would overcome the problem of versioning: show only the latest version of this document.

Of course it would also be super duper slick if the "add link" function of fckEditor could work for all internal entities, just as when you link e.g. a contact to a task. That minibrowser is sooo cute!

« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 06:44:56 pm by max »

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: Deep Linking Documents - Wiki style - Bounty offered
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 04:09:57 pm »
Really cool ideas. We were just discussing similar issues/ideas with Carlos and Ignacio today. The good news: we are pretty aligned in this direction.

The not so good: it might take a while.

Please contact us at Feng Office if you are considering sponsoring, as these could certainly be 'sponsorable' features.  :D
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.