Author Topic: Auto-expanded Subtasks lists  (Read 2749 times)

fengy

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Auto-expanded Subtasks lists
« on: April 22, 2011, 06:07:05 am »
Hi guys,

Feng is a great product and I'm currently trying to use it according to the GTD methodology. Having the list of subtasks auto-expanded would be a _great_ time-saver and productivity booster and it would be great to have that feature in feng!
 I've read the forum topics and I saw the same feature request 2-3 years ago. It is clear that it's not an easy fix, but  please tell us when do you plan to fix this?

Let me explain why I need this:
While implementing the GTD workflow, I'm relying heavily on task lists. I use my calendar _only_ for time-critical tasks and all of the other "open loops" go in the task module with no due date.(that's why I tend to not use date-specific milestones for regular "do a.s.a.p" tasks)

I added several tags that define task status: !next, !waiting, !someday

I often have a task(project in terms of GTD) that requires multiple actions in order to be completed. If the project is big I would create a workspace for it, but if there are only 4-5 tasks to be grouped together there's no point in creating a separate workspace.

I'm using subtasks but having the lists of subtasks collapsed all the time is really making the whole task-management process hard and time-consuming.

Currently I'm trying to use some kind of a name convention so that I can group similar tasks together, but that's just a workaround and it is not very handy. Having the list of sub-tasks expanded all the time would be great!

So once again: Do you plan to implement that feature in the next releases(please be honest  :D ). If not - would you suggest for me using the 'order by name' trick for now?

Best and keep up the good work!

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 07:15:30 am by fengy »

Markus

• View Profile
Re: Auto-expanded Subtasks lists
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 08:27:14 am »
Hi fengy,

if you want to modify the script by yourself, this might help:

ROOT\public\assets\javascript\og\tasks\drawing.js
    function ogTasks.expandCollapseAllTasksGroup

cheers
markus

fengy

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 09:22:56 am »
Great
thank you!

I actually modified /public/assets/javascript/og/tasks/main.js

and set
this.isExpanded = true;
on line 63

that makes each task expanded by default

Best

Claus

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 02:17:29 pm »
das ist echt eine spitzen idee aber manche leute haben keine admin oder root rechte. wäre es nicht besser diese einstellung in die systemeinstellung zu integrieren?