Author Topic: Backup Plugin not working [SOLVED]  (Read 2309 times)

shodgman

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Backup Plugin not working [SOLVED]
« on: April 20, 2011, 04:36:36 am »
I have searched and found reference to this issue in 1.4
However I could not see a resolution to my probelm.

I have a working FengOffice site with working backup.
However, my second site is nto working, showing this error.
"Error while creating database backup: Return code: 2"

I have compared everything including database user permissions and everything seems to be the same, it just does not execute the backup.  It created the "backup" folder but then fails with the error.  Nothing in the folder.
I have checked the log.php file but nothing out of the ordinary - it complains about undefiend variables "last_backup" and "date" on the working installation and the non-working one so I assume that is ok to ignore.

I am sure I have missed something or done something wrong and I would appreciate feedback or suggestions on what I could do to fix this.
Thanks in anticipation,
--
Steve Hodgman
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 11:00:48 am by shodgman »

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Actually there seems to be a bug in the plugin that does not allow to backup the installations after 1.7 version or so..
My advice is either try fixing the plugin or doing the backup manually..

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

shodgman

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Thanks Francisco,
My working install was originally 1.7.3.1 when I installe dthe backup plugin.  I have since upgraded it to 1.74 and the backup continues.
that maybe the key to the current Backup Plugin working.

I willl try that sequence with the new site and see.

I will also have a look at the code in the plugin to see if I can see what might be wrong.  No familiarity with FengOffice though so it should be fun!.
Thanks again for the tip.
---
Steve

shodgman

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Solved!

The backup plugin works fine. The issue was that the DB_USER was created with an automatically generated password.  This containd characters that the shell interpreted when the mysqldump was initiated.  this caused the command to fail.

I have jsut change the password and it works fine!
Thanks for your help and a great application.!
---
Steve Hodgman

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Backup Plugin not working [SOLVED]
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 11:15:59 am »
All right, those are great news!

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!