Author Topic: 1.3.1: on attempt to change week/month/day, Error 500: OK  (Read 2739 times)

pdaoust

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
1.3.1: on attempt to change week/month/day, Error 500: OK
« on: March 31, 2009, 01:35:53 pm »
I'm getting another error 500, this time when I try to use the green back-and-forth buttons to move back one day, week, or month in the calendar. It's the same 'Error 500: OK' seen in other bug reports. I attempted to go into the code to apply the same sort of fix as prescribed for the other bugs, but I didn't have a clue what I was doing :-)

Switching to another week, month, or day can still be accomplished by using the 'Go To' date picker widget.

Oh, that's interesting! Today it's working fine, but yesterday (30 March) it wasn't. The only change I made was to add an event for 7 April.

setekh

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Re: 1.3.1: on attempt to change week/month/day, Error 500: OK
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 07:06:13 am »
It's a very illusive error, i had it too, but can not reproduce it now, and i did not have the apache logs enabled just then nor the debug function of OG, it has to be Apache / web server / related, anyone with IIS/lighttpd/other web server used for OG out there ?!? Do anyone with different web server has that kind of error? Does anyone have a detailed log when such error happened?

ignacio

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1703
    • View Profile
Re: 1.3.1: on attempt to change week/month/day, Error 500: OK
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 10:33:39 am »
While we don't know the root cause of this error, it is because for some reason, the javascript variable that stores which calendar view to load is undefined, and so the GUI asks to execute the 'undefined' action of the 'EventController', which doesn't exist. Changing line 211 of file 'public/assets/javascript/og/CalendarToolbar.js' from:
Code: [Select]
cal_actual_view = ogCalendarUserPreferences.view_type;to:
Code: [Select]
cal_actual_view = ogCalendarUserPreferences.view_type || 'viewweek';should improve the situation.

We hope to have a complete solution to this problem for version 1.4.

Thanks.

 

anything