Author Topic: Allows users to create workspaces in personal workspace  (Read 2139 times)

gman

• View Profile
Allows users to create workspaces in personal workspace
« on: March 31, 2009, 11:26:09 am »
Is it possible to allow users to manage workspaces under their personal workspace while not allowing users to manage workspaces under other workspaces?

I have created users called workspace managers  for client companies. These workspace managers can manage workspaces within the client company and are not given any other rights to manage workspaces, so they cannot manage workspaces for other clients. I also have client users that are allowed various rights within workspaces depending on need. What I would like is for users to have the ability to add and delete workspaces within their own personal workspace while denying them the right to manage workspaces everywhere else they have rights. For now it appears that workspace management is all or nothing. if the user is given workspace management rights they can manage workspaces under other workspaces in which they are granted other rights.

I've started to look at the code to see where this is controlled in order to see if I can grant user the right to manage workspaces under their personal workspace. Any suggestions as to what controller classes I should look at?

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Allows users to create workspaces in personal workspace
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 10:26:58 am »
Hi gman,

You would have to edit functions 'canAdd', 'canEdit', etc on 'application/models/projects/Project.class.php', line 1383 onwards. Those functions return true when the user has permissions to add, edit, etc. So you would have to return true when the user can manage workspaces and some other condition that you add to know which workspaces he can manage.

gman

• View Profile
Re: Allows users to create workspaces in personal workspace
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 02:38:58 pm »
Thanks for the information. I will have some time available tomorrow and will take a look at it.