Author Topic: Backup still failes  (Read 7747 times)

Karl

• ICQ Messenger - 464979879
    • View Profile
Backup still failes
« on: March 31, 2009, 04:32:09 am »
Error while creating database backup: Backup command failed. Check MYSQLDUMP_COMMAND constant.

Please see http://forums.opengoo.org/index.php?topic=804.msg3689#msg3689

chrisdo

• View Profile
Re: Backup still failes
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 08:56:30 am »
open the /application/controllers/BackupController.class.php and look at the 3rd line, the value of the MYSQLDUMP_COMMAND constant should point to the mysqldump binary on your server.

I had to change this because on my hosting service the mysqldump binary is at /usr/local/bin, so I changed the line to the following
Code: [Select]
if (!defined('MYSQLDUMP_COMMAND')) define('MYSQLDUMP_COMMAND', '/usr/local/bin/mysqldump');

Karl

• ICQ Messenger - 464979879
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 07:09:25 am »
Thanks.

But it didn't help. My binary is at /usr/bin so I changed it to
Code: [Select]
if (!defined('MYSQLDUMP_COMMAND')) define('MYSQLDUMP_COMMAND', '/usr/bin/mysqldump');
But I still get the same error.

joe_doe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 06:02:08 pm »
hi,

i am pretty new to this - however my first steps feel really like "home"!
from what i can tell (so far), you have put together some amazing tool... and: the more i see, the more i like it...
:)

but, one thing: i also get an error when trying to backup.

here's the error code i get (i hide the full path on my server with "***"), while "og" is the folder in which i installed opengoo.
something wrong with the server setup maybe?

i'm running version 1.3.1 on a (shared) webhosting server (virtual server). usually i don't have much trouble with this, however i'm no pro in such things (otherwise i could eventually figure this out by myself).

thanks for any ideas / info / insight! :)

Caught Exception in AutoLoader: exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not find class file for "ZIPARCHIVE"' in /***/***/***/***/og/environment/classes/AutoLoader.class.php:105 Stack trace: #0 /***/***/***/***/og/environment/classes/AutoLoader.class.php(111): AutoLoader->loadClass('ZIPARCHIVE') #1 /***/***/***/***/og/application/functions.php(33): AutoLoader->loadClass('ZIPARCHIVE') #2 [internal function]: __autoload('ZipArchive') #3 /***/***/***/***/og/application/controllers/BackupController.class.php(174): class_exists('ZipArchive') #4 /***/***/***/***/og/application/controllers/BackupController.class.php(155): BackupController->create_zip() #5 /***/***/***/***/og/environment/classes/controller/Controller.class.php(75): BackupController->launch() #6 /***/***/***/***/og/environment/classes/controller/PageController.class.php(62): Controller->execute('launch') #7 /***/***/***/***/og/environment/classes/Env.class.php(133): PageController->execute('launch') #8 /***/***/***/***/og/init.php(146): Env::executeAction('backup', 'launch') #9 /***/***/***/***/og/index.php(9): require('/***/***...') #10 {main}
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 06:05:15 pm by joe_doe »

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 05:09:28 pm »
Please check if anything in this post solves your issue.

joe_doe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 10:20:32 am »
thanks ignacio,

-> tmp/backup/db.sql
is there

if i am not erring from the error-report i posted, there is some problem with zip-generation. any idea, what this could be related to?

i googled around a bit...
i now succesfully could run a backup, after doing this:
(my php version is "5.2.6 standard")

i downloaded the "php.ini" that apparently has been installed with the opengoo installation (in the same folder).
i opened the file in a text editor and added this to the php.ini:

extension_dir="/usr/local/lib/php_modules/5-LATEST"
extension="zip.so"

saved + overwrite the "old"/original php.ini in the opengoo folder.
i hope this causes no security risks...

thanks! :)

joe_doe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 10:25:22 am »
oops.

it tells me "backup successful"... but it doesn't show a downloadable file...
where is that supposed to be found?
thanks for any help!

alvarotm01

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 10:22:18 am »
Hi,

If you got the message "backup successfull", a link "Download backup" should appear between "Launch backup" and "Delete backup" (it does not specify the filename or other info, but takes you to the file).

Other way is going to your "tmp/backup" folder, if backup finished successfully, a file named "opengoo_backup.zip" should be there.

Please tell us if something is missing.